Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classic Dogs games you like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The last 49 seconds:

Dean Laidley must wonder to this day how we had a 4 on 2 advantage on the goal line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Dean Laidley must wonder to this day how we had a 4 on 2 advantage on the goal line
    Ironic that Dean Laidley gets a random mention today of all days.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Ironic that Dean Laidley gets a random mention today of all days.
    It's actually a touch eerie.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some games that come to mind;

- 2006 EF vs Collingwood. Great atmosphere and I was about 16/17 at the time, so I couldn't get enough footy.

- 2006 vs Adelaide. I can't remember the round but it was very late in the year and we played them at the MCG. They were on top of the ladder IIRC and we had a classic win to book a spot in the finals.

- Round 3/4 vs St. Kilda in either 2005/06. Again I don't remember the exact round or even the year, but we played the Saints in a night game at Marvel. They had our measure for some time and were a good team, and it was the first game that I thought both Cooney and Griffen really turned it on at the same time. Morris had an epic v Riewoldt and I remember Cam Wight kicking a long goal on the run. Coons kicked one on the run from 50 out of the centre, and Griffen had a magical goose step around an opponent too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

- 2006 EF vs Collingwood. Great atmosphere and I was about 16/17 at the time, so I couldn't get enough footy.

- 2006 vs Adelaide. I can't remember the round but it was very late in the year and we played them at the MCG. They were on top of the ladder IIRC and we had a classic win to book a spot in the finals.

- Round 3/4 vs St. Kilda in either 2005/06. Again I don't remember the exact round or even the year, but we played the Saints in a night game at Marvel. They had our measure for some time and were a good team, and it was the first game that I thought both Cooney and Griffen really turned it on at the same time. Morris had an epic v Riewoldt and I remember Cam Wight kicking a long goal on the run. Coons kicked one on the run from 50 out of the centre, and Griffen had a magical goose step around an opponent too.
    The Saints game was 2008.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Round 12 2016 vs Port Adelaide in Adelaide. We win 100 to 97. Big Red put on a masterclass, Dahlhaus injured (I think he is out for next 4 or do matches). Stringer kicks a beaut goal from centre square. Bont does a great steal off defender and ripper goal too. Our defence was so desperate that sunny arvo. About to watch it again. Prior round against Eagles was also a ripper - both high quality matches you would consider showing overseas folks who know nothing about the game to convert them to the code. Our play in both matches was exhilarating-bullet like handpasses, daring low trajectory kicks, good marking and a few cracker goals from outside or close to 59 metre arc.

Side note: Not sure Campbell plays in Port match but I am still scratching my head as to why he was not given more opportunities after watching round 10 vs Pies and round 11 vs Eagles.
    That Stringer goal / last quarter was after doing squat for the first 3 quarters and a rare bake (at the time) from Bevo.

That Port win was a cracking game - watched in my hotel room in Fiji with text across the screen the whole game that disappeared once the next show came on.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Was that the game Jordan McMahon kicked a late goal that bounced really high in the goal square over a bunch of players to seal it? Seem to remember Rhett Biglands kicking an amazing goal at the Ponsford stand end randomly
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Was that the game Jordan McMahon kicked a late goal that bounced really high in the goal square over a bunch of players to seal it? Seem to remember Rhett Biglands kicking an amazing goal at the Ponsford stand end randomly
    Enjoy:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a great finals match. The size of the Bulldog army surprised everyone that day.

Highlights

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy:
    How good was Adam Cooney before that knee injury? It's a real shame because he would've been an absolute champion of our club.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How good was Adam Cooney before that knee injury? It's a real shame because he would've been an absolute champion of our club.
    It is easy to forget how good he was.

That running goal in the EF with Westy's look-away handball was brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

He was brilliant up till then.

Shame he seems to have a grudge against the club and never talks about his time at the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

He was brilliant up till then.

Shame he seems to have a grudge against the club and never talks about his time at the Bulldogs.
    Meh! Very much his problem. If he wants to pretend that large chunks of his life didn't happen then that's up to him. There is a word for that, and it's called delirium. He could have been part of the premiership side but he walked (after signing a fresh contract so he can't carry on with the old "the footy club didn't want/respect me" BS) so any bitterness is his and his alone. He needs to learn to own the mistakes he makes and stop listening to people who want to blow smoke up his arse or he will never grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Apart from the 2016 prelim this is my favorite close game ever. Me and my two mates were sitting in the Huggins stand and when Williams kicks that goal we are jumping and high fiving and yelling when one of my mates says "inside voices" and then we notice that pretty much every st kilda supporter (and we were sitting in the members' stand so we were pretty much the only Footscray supporters not just in he stand but at that end of the ground) had turned to glare at us.

We got the *!*!*!*! outta Dodge ASAP followed by a hail of abuse and things being thrown at us. It was a great day at the footy all round!

20. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh! Very much his problem. If he wants to pretend that large chunks of his life didn't happen then that's up to him. There is a word for that, and it's called delirium. He could have been part of the premiership side but he walked .
    But would the 2016 version of Cooney and his knee have been part of the premiership side?

Who would you have dropped?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.