Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is a special club

Both youngsters are steely determined to become good players. They really gave me the impression of being genuinely nice people with a good sense of humor but they both also gave me the impression of being very dedicated.

I asked Weightman if he saw himself long term as a midfielder and he didn't really see that on the radar. He really wants to establish himself as a forward while not ruling out runs in the midfield.

Garcia who's mainly played as a mid in his junior football and WAFL games surprised me just a little when he mentioned he would like to establish himself as both midfielder but perhaps more of a high half forward flanker who provides some pressure on the opposition.

Jong, Hayes and of course Bailey Smith were mentioned as players that came back from the break in great condition and contact training had meant some of the boys were a bit sore.

Nick mentioned a few times how much the club appreciates the fans and provided an overview of the player sponsors group to the Cody and Riley. He also talked about the Virtual Cheer Squad a couple of times so while it's mainly pitched at the youngsters expect a surprise or two along the way as well.

You often hear clubs talk about their fans but I can assure you that Nick doesn't just say it he really gave me the impression of being genuinely passionate about our fans.

We have certainly continued our focus on recruiting quality youngsters which seems to be a trademark of our approach over a long period of time.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GVGjr that's awesome stuff
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good experience GVGjr.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"