Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
I understand all of that TD, but the actual risks are small and the same folks would be able to go to their local shopping centre and do a lot worse every day.

That's the silly thing about this whole situation.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but there seems to be a lot of contradictions out there and most of them are in some way aligned to overall risk. With that in mind and in the context of the AFL, I think injecting players without keeping records or really knowing what you're injecting into them in the first place is worse.
That's one I can't understand either. But that doesn't make what the Crow's players did right. They knew the rules and flouted them.

And players take stuff they have no idea about the effects of all the time. You know how it is. The coach/doctor tells a player take/do/say something and 99% of them will without question because they don't want to be the odd man out or looked at as trouble maker. There will come a time at some stage in the future when your spot on the list or in the team will come down to how 'co-operative" or "pliable"they were in the past.