Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players or coaches, past or present, you'd like to have a beer and a chat with (any team)

I wonder what Eade would have been able to do with our 97-99 teams.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players or coaches, past or present, you'd like to have a beer and a chat with (any team)

Players can have white line fever
    Rocket had coaches box fever
    Thought he came at the right time and did an exceptional job
    Rohde nearly destroyed the joint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Players can have white line fever
    Rocket had coaches box fever
    Thought he came at the right time and did an exceptional job
    Rohde nearly destroyed the joint
    I got invited to sit in a sponsor box one night. The game was a bit boring, the other people in the box were getting on my tits but I could pretty much over Rocket's shoulder into his coaching box. First the phone bounced off the desk and hit the window, then the chair went flying across the box when he jumped to his feet to point something out and then he kicked the wall behind him and the coaching box literally shook.
    The assistants' should have been on danger money. ��
    And I only lasted in the sponsors box until half time. It was then that I decided to go and stand with my mates!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day you could, depending on how slack the Police attending the ground were, sometimes sneak out to listen to the three quarter time huddle. At North I got to hear Alan Killigrew. What a one man theatrical show that was. But there was a stark difference in the way it was received. Some players looked like they were about to run out and demolish the grandstand for him, others (frankly) looked bored. I think he might have been pretty entertaining with a couple under his belt.

Norf have certainly had their fair share of characters as coaches over the years.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Killa would have been in equal parts inspiring then interesting then entertaining then funnyish and lastly plain boring I reckon. These days he would have lost the playing group by the time the preseason was over.

I reckon it was him who got king hit by a player who was a serving copper in the players' race. It ended up causing big problems for the player (Geoff Rosenow ?) in his policing career. He got no more promotions and served his days out as a senior constable.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The Killa would have been in equal parts inspiring then interesting then entertaining then funnyish and lastly plain boring I reckon. These days he would have lost the playing group by the time the preseason was over.

I reckon it was him who got king hit by a player who was a serving copper in the players' race. It ended up causing big problems for the player (Geoff Rosenow ?) in his policing career. He got no more promotions and served his days out as a senior constable.
    Yep I remember that stoush. A violent one too. In the race at Geelong.