Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  60
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predicted Teams Round 2 - 2020

Well I imagine some will be glad to see Cordy out... not for the swap of Gardiner when Trengove and Young are sitting on the sidelines but hey you can't win em all

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we are going in quite small to deal with their rucks and forwards. If the ball gets to ground in their 50 often enough we’ll have a field day. For me, Max King has Ben Brown/Majak Daw/any other tall gangly forward written all over him. He’ll dominate against us. So no point naming a FB. Will be an interesting game

Post Thanks / Like

Just Gardner and Keath tallish defenders v Ryder, Membrey, King has me a little concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

So with Keath and Gardner for Ryder/Marshall and King, who plays on Membrey? Thought he would have been an ok matchup for Wood or Cordy, so I guess that leaves Crozier?

Post Thanks / Like

Happy that Cordy has been given a spell.

Not happy Cavarra has been turfed after one game.

Pretty meh to see Jongy back in. Good on him to fight back despite his injury woes but we've seen enough to know what we're going to get which is some quality mixed with some hare-brained decisions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    So with Keath and Gardner for Ryder/Marshall and King, who plays on Membrey? Thought he would have been an ok matchup for Wood or Cordy, so I guess that leaves Crozier?
    Have we checked the weather forecast, maybe it's going to be a bad day for talls...oh...wait.
    We need to bring the intensity, they can not get clean ball inside 50.

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He wouldn't be the first in that regard - Brodie Moles instantly comes to mind. Was vomiting before every game due to nerves.
    Cheers for the info.
    I think Brett Ratten used to be a chucker as well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Happy that Cordy has been given a spell.

Not happy Cavarra has been turfed after one game.

Pretty meh to see Jongy back in. Good on him to fight back despite his injury woes but we've seen enough to know what we're going to get which is some quality mixed with some hare-brained decisions.
    He's one of those free pass players mate, goes hard so a lot of supporters look past the really really shit things he does on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting no one from the midfield was dropped. They are the ones who let the team down in round 1 and in last years elimination final not our defenders, not our forwards.
    Saints are normally too quick for us with ball movement and across the ground. I wonder if we have have come up with a way to combat that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes Sedat, Bullies, GVGjr, Eastdog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interesting no one from the midfield was dropped. They are the ones who let the team down in round 1 and in last years elimination final not our defenders, not our forwards.
    Saints are normally too quick for us with ball movement and across the ground. I wonder if we have have come up with a way to combat that.
    I think last year after some ordinary performances they seemed to rise to the challenge. Realistically that's the area of the ground where most of our best players are, so they probably get a little more leeway than some others. Whether that's right or wrong, I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo back to the standard early season I've got no idea who my best 22 is....

One things for sure we don't have time on our side this year though, particularly with no reserves comps.

Happily go short in the backline with Naughty up our sleeves( and now with Bruce in the side), but I don't like the idea of Caleb back compounding it, not being able to slide across for a mark. With a number of half-back flankers already in the side surely we can find a position for him elsewhere.

We have the players to slingshot off half-back lets hope we bring the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Just Gardner and Keath tallish defenders v Ryder, Membrey, King has me a little concerned.
    And we don't have Wood who is often asked to play tall

I guess that most people would be starting to get sick of the ongoing Trengove speculation here on WOOF but his non selection I think can only be regarded as confirmation that he is out of the selection mix.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

With just 2 key defenders and 2 key forwards does this mean either Jongy, Bont or Dunks is the relief ruck?

We are certainly planning to run the Saints off their feet
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yeah agree Aza. The mids need to be better in this game. They have been awful in the last 2 games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And we don't have Wood who is often asked to play tall

I guess that most people would be starting to get sick of the ongoing Trengove speculation here on WOOF but his non selection I think can only be regarded as confirmation that he is out of the selection mix.
    Why keep him then? It's a waste of a list spot much like Fletcher Roberts' retention, that was pointless as well. He was never going to be played.