Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predicted Teams Round 2 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I had a good friend over to my place on Friday night and in his wisdom he thought it would be a good idea for us to tackle a bottle of spiced rum, on the rocks, in addition to the beer and wine we'd consumed.

Anyway, I get up the next day and I see my sink full of all sorts of things that looked like I'd blown chunks after he'd left. Given the straight brown liquor the memory was hazy, but I didn't have any foul taste in my mouth (well, no more than I should have) and I seemed not to have the acidic feeling in my nasal cavity that seems to accompany a good spew.

I was genuinely confused.

So I check my fridge, apparently I'd decided the early hours of Saturday morning was a good time to clean out some leftovers and meals I hadn't finished throughout the week...…..thankfully.
    That's one of those "Geez I'm glad I don't drink" stories. First time I got pissed I'm 16 and one of my mates from the cricket club convinced me to scol a bottle of Brandivino. He really regretted it when I threw up in his fish tank.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's one of those "Geez I'm glad I don't drink" stories. First time I got pissed I'm 16 and one of my mates from the cricket club convinced me to scol a bottle of Brandivino. He really regretted it when I threw up in his fish tank.
    Not as much as the fish did, I suppose.

I actually always knew I didn't blow chunks, it was just enough paranoia to keep me busy for a few moments.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not as much as the fish did, I suppose.

I actually always knew I didn't blow chunks, it was just enough paranoia to keep me busy for a few moments.
    It was a huge night, I got maybe halfway through that bottle before sinking to my knees. Don't remember a thing after that but I was watching WOS the next day and there's me running onto the track at Moonee valley trots during a race. Apparently Vin Knight called me a f-wit. 42 Celsius the next day to go with my thumping hangover. It's when I swore off the grog for good. I've had the odd glass of gin or vodka since. I reckon that the last one was on my wedding day. That would have been 19-20 years ago. I had a can if beer in the fridge and when I opened it, it was as green inside as the Vic bitter colour on the outside.

The fish tank was empty luckily. It wouldn't have been nice thinking "ewww. I don't remember eating those"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if it will just be Hayes for Hunter for the round 2 side
    He's an obvious in for Hunter given the run he provides, great opportunity for him.

I do hope there's more change though - the only way I'd see Lew Young play is if Naughton wasn't right, and even then, Schache should be ahead of him.

Get the feeling many share my view that Trengove should play.

Happy to give Cavarra a few weeks to prove what he can do.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw replay of 4th q v GWS prelim '16, Libba must be an in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I just saw replay of 4th q v GWS prelim '16, Libba must be an in.
    If he's fit and motovated, I agree
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Libba and Lippa come in, plus Richards, Duryea and Trengove

Out: Gardner, Hunter, Dale, Cavarra and Naughton if injured
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com crack is a decent effort I quite like the side, compared with round 1 which might have been one of the worst balanced teams we have seen in awhile.

B: Easton Wood, Zaine Cordy, Jason Johannisen
    HB: Hayden Crozier, Alex Keath, Bailey Williams
    C: Bailey Smith, Marcus Bontempelli, Matthew Suckling
    HF: Bailey Dale, Josh Bruce, Patrick Lipinski
    F: Mitch Wallis, Aaron Naughton, Sam Lloyd
    Foll: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Jackson Macrae
    I/C: Caleb Daniel, Toby McLean, Tom Liberatore, Josh Schache

In: Patrick Lipinski, Tom Liberatore, Toby McLean, Josh Schache
    Out: Lachie Hunter (suspended), Ryan Gardner (omitted), Lewis Young (omitted), Ben Cavarra (omitted)

I think Cav probably gets another chance maybe for Mclean and I'm keen to see Richards for some much needed speed not easy to find a spot though.I also prefer Trengove to Cordy not sure it will happen.

Lets get back to our one wood, win contested ball, sling shot off half back, bring better pressure which should see Naughty and Bruce get some one on one opportunity.

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is how we might line up against against the Saints

B: Williams - Cordy - Wood
    HB: Crozier - Keath - Johannisen
    C: B.Smith - Liberatore - Hayes
    HF: Lipinski - Bruce - Bontempelli
    F: Wallis - Naughton - Lloyd
    R: English - Dunkley - Macrae
    Int: Dale - Daniel - Young - Suckling

Outs: Gardner, Hunter, Cavarra
    Ins: Liberatore, Hayes, Lipinski

Emergencies: Trengove - Richards - Duryea - Schache - McLean

Liberatore will give us more midfield punch and Lipinski another stronger body to throw into the midfield rotations
    McLean desperately unlucky and we might have already given up on our preseason hype of playing 3 tall forwards

I'd be doing what I could to include Trengove and Duryea providing Duryea is fit. McLean probably should come in for Dale
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think this is how we might line up against against the Saints

B: Williams - Cordy - Wood
    HB: Crozier - Keath - Johannisen
    C: B.Smith - Liberatore - Hayes
    HF: Lipinski - Bruce - Bontempelli
    F: Wallis - Naughton - Lloyd
    R: English - Dunkley - Macrae
    Int: Dale - Daniel - Young - Suckling

Outs: Gardner, Hunter, Cavarra
    Ins: Liberatore, Hayes, Lipinski

Emergencies: Trengove - Richards - Duryea - Schache - McLean

Liberatore will give us more midfield punch and Lipinski another stronger body to throw into the midfield rotations
    McLean desperately unlucky and we might have already given up on our preseason hype of playing 3 tall forwards

I'd be doing what I could to include Trengove and Duryea providing Duryea is fit. McLean probably should come in for Dale
    I wonder if Trengove is the ingredient to stop Max King becoming a long line of developing or average players to kick a bag on us.

From what I saw of him he is still baby giraffe-like and tried to get involved in packs moreso than demanding it on the lead. Trengove only gives up 5cm and would have him fro strength and body position etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    From what I saw of him he is still baby giraffe-like and tried to get involved in packs moreso than demanding it on the lead. Trengove only gives up 5cm and would have him fro strength and body position etc.
    I just think Trengove plays full stop. I can't figure out why he seems to be on the outs.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I’m on the record as being a Toby Maclean fan. Not sure who i would omit to fit him in but I hope he plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’m on the record as being a Toby Maclean fan. Not sure who i would omit to fit him in but I hope he plays.
    I would definitely play McLean ahead of Bailey Dale. Just competes better.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I wonder if Trengove is the ingredient to stop Max King becoming a long line of developing or average players to kick a bag on us.

He did such a good job on Richmonds Lynch last year and I think he could curtail other KPF as well
    I suspect King might have Lewis Young as his opponent. Young is almost as tall and very quick. It will be a good test for his defensive attributes if he lines up on King

Post Thanks / Like

While I have posted a line-up I suspect we will select my 22 for the game against the Saints would be a bit different. I just think it's hard from Bevo and the MC to make wholesale changes unless it's almost forced upon them and we aren't there yet

I'd probably make 5 changes to our round one team looking to improve our midfield and adding some good users of the footy in Duryea and Richards.

I also think we should consider putting some work into Bradley Hill