Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watching the Footy on TV

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't remember that one.
    Oh well. I will just have to spend the rest of the afternoon watching old eps on youtube trying to remember.

I'm not wasting time. I'm researching!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who was the ex Footscray player? One night they couldn't come back to the studio so he had to do a relay from the Western Oval. We had had a rare win and when they threw to him he was covered in red, white and blue confetti.
    I've got a feeling that might have been Ian Robertson.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else take up $200 per year kayo offer to dogs (& presumably all AFL team) members? I signed up today and because I had already subscribed for a month or two last year I had to let them know to have option if putting in discount code.

Interestingly they did not email me they they had done anything but when l logged into kayo later on there was new option of $200 per year discount button and when I clicked on that I was able to enter discount code emailed/sent to me In original offer.

Anyway-I find kayo quite good and at $17 a month considering current exclusion of fans attending plus ability to watch replays (fingers crossed we do well this year!!) it should be worth it.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus fox sports commentary and analysis less pedestrian than channel 7 (no macavaney and no ling droning on are also +ves).
    Last edited by josie; 14-06-2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Plus fox sports commentary and analysis less pedestrian than channel 7 (no macavaney and no long droning on are also +ves).
    Unless you are watching a Ch7 game on Foxtel Channel.

PS: What are you watching Kayo through? Apple TV or app on your TV, or some other way?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I've got a feeling that might have been Ian Robertson.
    It was Ray Walker.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I-pad or I phone-these are 2 devices I have kayo app on. I understand I could mirror to TV but we do not have the ability to do that plus have heard folks have had problems with quality of image doing that. With high quality headphones I-pad is AOK. Mobile phone image quality and size is ok too if only 1 person on each device (as only a household of two no need for a bigger screen).

I do not normally watch enough non free to air sport to justify Fox sports. However enjoyed watching end of Roos beating plastics this arvo though!!

11. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I-pad or I phone-these are 2 devices I have kayo app on. I understand I could mirror to TV but we do not have the ability to do that plus have heard folks have had problems with quality of image doing that. With high quality headphones I-pad is AOK. Mobile phone image quality and size is ok too if only 1 person on each device (as only a household of two no need for a bigger screen).

I do not normally watch enough non-free to air sport to justify Fox sports. However enjoyed watching end of Roos beating plastics this arvo though!!
    I usually use the Kayo app on my Apple Tv upstairs, but I have recently started pushing games from the Kayo app on my phone/ipad to my Chromecast connected to the downstairs tv and it works perfectly. I think the HD Chromecast sets you back around the $40 mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Adelaide Connection-will let me more tech savvy hubby know about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I usually use the Kayo app on my Apple Tv upstairs, but I have recently started pushing games from the Kayo app on my phone/ipad to my Chromecast connected to the downstairs tv and it works perfectly. I think the HD Chromecast sets you back around the $40 mark.
    +1 to the chrome cast. I use it exclusively on a few sets and Kayo or Foxtel GO stream well and in 1080p (HD).

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Grantysghost. Sounds like chrome cast is worth it.

Hope we play better in last qtr and round 3 or might not bother this year......

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It was Ray Walker.
    I thought he was just on ABC radio. Good pick up if it was him.

Post Thanks / Like

We recently fitted out a home theatre room in our house. This was the first opportunity I had to watch the boys live on the big screen in surround sound - such a shame it turned into large and loud assault on my senses!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to need a new TV after tonight, I suspect.

20. Likes Eastdog, GVGjr liked this post