Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This maybe controversial but........ I'm almost over Bob.

He is a good lad, one of my favourites and I appreciate that he isn't just a good head footballer. Spreads a bit too much mayo on that shtick though. I hated his articles in the Age, he really flogged his love of Brit-pop and indie rock analogies like a dead horse.

Post Thanks / Like

My judgement was made from Bulldog media mainly, I don't to listen to him on SEN because he sits with Andy Maher who is simply an insufferable wanker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    My judgement was made from Bulldog media mainly, I don't to listen to him on SEN because he sits with Andy Maher who is simply an insufferable wanker.
    I previously mentioned him at club events but perhaps I just need to hear another voice
    Regarding Andy Maher he's a good interviewer because he does his research but he struggles with the comedy side of things
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Spreads a bit too much mayo on that shtick though. I hated his articles in the Age, he really flogged his love of Brit-pop and indie rock analogies like a dead horse.
    100% this. It's almost as though he is desperate to be defined as a member of the inner city hipster intelligentsia club. And like most members of this unofficial club, he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is - does he not realise that his entire media meal ticket comprises mostly of working class in the suburbs who care little for the irrelevant musings of the inner city bubble that he has chosen to hang off the coattails of? His decision to dress up in Melbourne Bitter gear for the Neale Daniher MND ice slide neatly encapsulates him - desperate to look 'cool' in all circumstances, and missing the point completely in the process.

For mine, he is an ordinary media talent who struggles to understand how to most effectively communicate and cut through to as wide an audience as possible. IMO he has a limited appeal and shelf life - he has cast himself as the token indie guy, forever typecast in this role and therefore never to be taken really seriously as a media performer.
    Last edited by Sedat; 26-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes GVGjr, jeemak, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    100% this. It's almost as though he is desperate to be defined as a member of the inner city hipster intelligentsia club. And like most members of this unofficial club, he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is - does he not realise that his entire media meal ticket comprises mostly of working class in the suburbs who care little for the irrelevant musings of inner city bubble that he has chosen to hang off the coattails of? His decision to dress up in Melbourne Bitter gear for the Neale Daniher MND ice slide neatly encapsulates him - desperate to look 'cool' in all circumstances, and missing the point completely in the process.

For mine, he is an ordinary media talent who struggles to understand how to effective communicate and cut through to as wide an audience as possible. IMO he has a limited appeal and shelf life - he has cast himself as the token indie guy, forever typecast in this role and therefore never to be taken really seriously as a media performer.
    If you are try to look cool then you aint cool. It's that simple.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    100% this. It's almost as though he is desperate to be defined as a member of the inner city hipster intelligentsia club. And like most members of this unofficial club, he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is - does he not realise that his entire media meal ticket comprises mostly of working class in the suburbs who care little for the irrelevant musings of inner city bubble that he has chosen to hang off the coattails of? His decision to dress up in Melbourne Bitter gear for the Neale Daniher MND ice slide neatly encapsulates him - desperate to look 'cool' in all circumstances, and missing the point completely in the process.

For mine, he is an ordinary media talent who struggles to understand how to effective communicate and cut through to as wide an audience as possible. IMO he has a limited appeal and shelf life - he has cast himself as the token indie guy, forever typecast in this role and therefore never to be taken really seriously as a media performer.
    I agree with the sentiment, but not sure hipster is the right club. The folks you're referring to are well too vanilla to be considered hipster, unless Paul Kelly, Tex Perkins, Tim Rogers and their acolytes have become so vanilla that they are now considered ironically hip!

In the media he's always come across to me as a small doses kind of guy, which is why his weekly articles were OK for something different and the odd spot on TV was good as well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The collective absorbtion of media personalities can be warts and all. I am cringing a bit at this but agree. It makes me feel my limits too except WOOF and FB are the only media I put myself out there, cringe.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Murph. Simple as that. I don't want to over analyze it too much. I just like the guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a round of golf with him once (long time ago), and he is a funny guy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The most sacrilegious post of the century......the Spanish inquisition will be paying you a visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    The most sacrilegious post of the century......the Spanish inquisition will be paying you a visit.
    But, but. Now Mitcha will be expecting them.

Way to give the game away Fredi. You've removed the element of surprise. And fear.

I'm gonna stop now or this could get really ugly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Post Thanks / Like

We are so lucky to have Bulldogs who bleed red, white and blue in the media like Bob and Darcy to help champion our cause and help our overall profile.

I don't listen to his show on SEN but enjoy the Podcast and his appearances on Fox Footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    We are so lucky to have Bulldogs who bleed red, white and blue in the media like Bob and Darcy to help champion our cause and help our overall profile.

I don't listen to his show on SEN but enjoy the Podcast and his appearances on Fox Footy.
    It's not like he'd be allowed to be himself on SEN or FOX anyway. Much of his schtick would be prescribed on those two outlets, on the podcast he seems a bit less "cool" or less of a novelty.

Note - I refused to continue listening to SEN after they decided the Franco on the Toilet advertisement series was no longer relevant after 2010, when it was clearly timeless.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Noted on twitter last night he got into what seemed a bit of a salty exchange with an ex employee of the club (Damian Glass) saying he 'was entitled to Simon Dalrymple's opinion'

Float Along - Fill Your Lungs