Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This maybe controversial but........ I'm almost over Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Noted on twitter last night he got into what seemed a bit of a salty exchange with an ex employee of the club (Damian Glass) saying he 'was entitled to Simon Dalrymple's opinion'

Such a shame how it ended with Bevo and Dalrymple. Cost us a chance at a dynasty, IMO.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Such a shame how it ended with Bevo and Dalrymple. Cost us a chance at a dynasty, IMO.
    How so? Even if Dalrymple was still at the club our on-field performance in 2020 would still be the same?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Flip side is that I reckon that the Bont is doing well in that new role.
    Yes but it is a distraction and we need him focused on his performance and driving the team culture. Not working on a life post football. He is still only young and made captain of the club. Footy first. When we get our game together and playing competitive footy he could take on some over and above stuff
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    How so? Even if Dalrymple was still at the club our on-field performance in 2020 would still be the same?
    Perhaps, but I'm not just talking about now.

I was hopeful for a 10 year run like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney etc on the back of 2016 with Dalrymple being an important piece of the puzzle.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm not just talking about now.

I was hopeful for a 10 year run like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney etc on the back of 2016 with Dalrymple being an important piece of the puzzle.
    I reckon we all were hoping for a 10 year run, and perhaps we still held out a slim hope from 2019 onwards...

It appears as an organisation we were not mature enough collectively or individually to handle the successes of 2016 and we begun to self implode.

I still wonder how much of a black hole Graham Lowe left when he departed in February 2017?
    More of an In Bruges guy?