• VFL quality

5 55.56%
  • Delist

2 22.22%
  • Needs more time

2 22.22%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Brad Lynch 36

I thought with the delay of the football it's time to assess our list so I hope I've started this in the right way.
    We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Brad Lynch 36

A few stats:
    Height: 187cm
    Weight: 79Kg
    Games: 9

Taken with the Bulldogs' first pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Rookie Draft (11th overall), Lynch is a rebounding defender from Swan Districts who is a good decision-maker and possesses excellent foot skills on both sides of the body. Lynch spent the majority of his first three seasons developing in the VFL, before earning a senior debut in Round 15, 2018 and play out the remainder of the year in the AFL team. The half-back was unable to retain his place in the senior side for the 2019 season, and played 18 games in the VFL for the Footscray Bulldogs. Lynch signed a two-year contract extension at the end of 2018 which will see him remain at VU Whitten Oval until at least 2020.
    LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

He certainly has some AFL skills but he just doesn't get enough of the ball to become a required player.
    If he gets a chance or two this year he needs to make the most of it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The sort of player who looks really good when he is on. I'd love him to make it but I don't know if he will.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quick and uses the ball well. I'm not sure that's enough to overcome deficiencies in his contested game. It once would have been.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he showed some signs back in 2018 and was starting to get a bit of confidence in his game, but seems in 2019 he went backwards, or others went passed him. He is now 22 and it is a shame what has happened with corona virus, as he won't have a chance to show his stuff and push for selection
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The main issue is he can't find the ball.

JJ isn't exactly a contested beast but he puts himself in positions to receive the ball and then implement his strengths. Lynch's strengths aren't too dissimilar, in fact he's better by foot, but he simply can't do damage because he doesn't get the footy in his hands.

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been on the list 3 years? He had some game time 2 years ago and then nothing last season. Peronally I think others have gone past him and he is depth at best - time to delist.

Post Thanks / Like

Sayonara unless injuries it hurts me to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Beveridge being himself might go out of his way to ensure all these fringe guys get a chance to prove themselves? With the impending list cuts it's going to spell the end of a lot of players AFL opportunities and I can totally see Beveridge deciding that everyone at least deserves a chance to prove themselves worthy of our limited list spots and rotates a bunch of the fringe guys through the last 2 or 3 spots in the side. I would be surprised if he lets guys like Smith, Lynch, Greene, Porter etc who have been at the club for years go without atleast giving them that shot.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Lynchy has had his chances over the years - if lists are to be cut to 35 (or thereabouts) would be the first I'd let go. VFL form in 2019 was nothing special.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't North offer him two years when he re-signed with us? He might regret not leaving.

Really promising handful of games towards the end of 2018, but can't see him being anything more than a fringe selection.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs