Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
Port are a very solid team and I agree it's hard to work out whats happening with West Coast
Not sure about that.

They are unhappy. They are feeding on one-another’s unhappiness.

My wife and daughter AND my daughter’s boyfriend are teachers. They and their teaching brethren worked themselves into a frenzy of “itsjustnotfairism” at the start of covid. They were being put at risk because they had to go to work, they were being overworked because they now had to deliver lessons online...and pointing out that others who weren’t working simply were not getting paid and what would they think about that...well, let me just assure you that was also considered unfair.

West Coast decided they didn’t like the hub. They had to go. They keep going on about it and about going ‘home’ (Half of them arent from wa in any case) and meantime they have to play games against teams that actually WANT to play...you get what you get. Plus, new captain, a couple of influential and loved assistants sitting back at home...

If they worked for a bank they would be going through the motions and mostly no one would notice. In competitive sport though, near enough is not even close to good enough. For further evidence of this, refer to exhibit a: Footscray vs Collingwood, round 1 2020.