Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R4 2020

One of my mates works at the Suns, and he reckons there are WC/Dockers players at all the cafes, on Tinder, out and about - so as much as they are complaining at the moment, they have it a lot easier than the players in Melbourne who aren't allowed to leave their home.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    One of my mates works at the Suns, and he reckons there are WC/Dockers players at all the cafes, on Tinder, out and about - so as much as they are complaining at the moment, they have it a lot easier than the players in Melbourne who aren't allowed to leave their home.
    They can also play golf and go fishing I believe. Maybe they think they are on holidays and it is reflected in the way they are playing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    On the other hand, GC look sharp as hell. Ben King is going to be a monster.
    He's incredible. Reminds me of Max King from St Kilda if he ever actually held a mark or did anything.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They can also play golf and go fishing I believe. Maybe they think they are on holidays and it is reflected in the way they are playing.
    No BAD, you don't seem to understand that slight inconveniences to AFL players while they are in the course of playing a game for hundreds of thousands of dollars, such as having to stay at a resort and being forced into doing whatever they want all of the time, is the worst and hardest thing happening to anyone right now.

The Eagles in particular are pathetic, but players' sense of self importance at times can be ridiculous.

7. Likes GVGjr, azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I only saw the last quarter but boy I was shocked to see Carlton have more of a system than Essendon.

I couldn't believe how poor and organised they were in the last 3 minutes.

So much for a new Essendon this year.
    Essendon cost themselves that game by insisting on trying to get their "superstars" Stringer and Tippa into the game by playing them in large spurts in the middle in the 4th quarter. Clearances were something like 10-1 in the 4th.

Conversly, Carlton tried to cost themselves the game by using the same method of attack every single time going forward (hope Casboult marks it). I guess you're technically right that they had more system, but in the sense that 1 is more than 0.

I was actually pretty hyped on the Blues this year, but its very hard to draw any confidence from that performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon lose.

1.2 seconds later...

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Essendon lose.

1.2 seconds later...

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com
    Some of my favourites:

“Same Chinese takeaway selling sh-t in a tray...”

“You know how people were worried about winning a premiership in a rigged season? You can stop now...”

“Fold us now. A club that has no heart and just (a) spineless Bunch of hacks. Teams like the Crows will bottom out for 5 years and still win a final before us...Seriously go fark yourself Essington...”

“I’m sick of hearing the news that Stringer training the house down and him ready to reach his 2015 season heights again. It ain’t happening. He’s overweight and doesn’t impact matches the way we like...”

“I’ve got three sons that I told “You can bow to whatever God you like, you can vote for whatever political party you like, but if you don’t support The Bombers you’re out on your ear.” They’re now in their late twenties and early thirties and I look at the grief I’ve caused them over the last twenty years- I’m a bad parent.”

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favourites:

“You know how people were worried about winning a premiership in a rigged season? You can stop now...”

“Fold us now. A club that has no heart and just (a) spineless Bunch of hacks. Teams like the Crows will bottom out for 5 years and still win a final before us...Seriously go fark yourself Essington...”

“I’m sick of hearing the news that Stringer training the house down and him ready to reach his 2015 season heights again. It ain’t happening. He’s overweight and doesn’t impact matches the way we like...”

“I’ve got three sons that I told “You can bow to whatever God you like, you can vote for whatever political party you like, but if you don’t support The Bombers you’re out on your ear.” They’re now in their late twenties and early thirties and I look at the grief I’ve caused them over the last twenty years- I’m a bad parent.”
    I like this one

Pathetic

Just pathetic
    Weak team selection
    Weak performance
    Weak captain
    Weak Leaders
    Weak coaching
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favourites:

Get in my veins.

Jakey trying to give it to Cripps at the opening bounce was just *chef's kiss*.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Get in my veins.

Jakey trying to give it to Cripps at the opening bounce was just *chef's kiss*.
    Jakey 'single digits' Stringer is flying about as well as Qantas right now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And in news that everyone already knew: Adelaide suck.

That 2nd round pick swap for their 3rd in the Keath deal might only end up on a few spots apart in the wash up.

Nice work if it turns out that way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    No disagreements from me in principle. But the players in the hub have been taken away from their kids and partners. As much as I think it is only for a few weeks and it's fine, it doesn't matter what I think. West Coast have an older squad than Freo who generally speaking seem to be happy enough with the hub. West Coast aren't happy though. Whether they should be or shouldn't be is really immaterial.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Jakey 'single digits' Stringer is flying about as well as Qantas right now.
    He's in appalling condition. Me and my friends have a running joke about this one time JPK played in the rain and you could see his abs through his jumper. Conversely, you can see the fully rounded bit of Jake's stomach at the moment.

Would love to see how that lion tattoo is looking.

Post Thanks / Like

How good is Charlie Cameron? I just saw the mark he took against Adelaide.

It is mindbogglingly good!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

23. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Geelong v Melbourne. Dangerfield is such a diver but so far the umps are on to him.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."