Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  82
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2020

Footy is back once again!

Predictions for the Margin, our first goal and our best on ground per usual.

Go Bulldogs!!

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-five-st-kilda

The last five: St Kilda
    The Western Bulldogs will not only be looking to bounce back from a Round 1 loss this Sunday – they’ll also be hoping to make amends for a last-up loss to St Kilda.
    7 hrs ago

The Western Bulldogs will not only be looking to bounce back from a Round 1 loss this Sunday – they’ll also be hoping to make amends for a last-up loss to St Kilda.

The Saints, who also lost their opening game of the 2020 season, got the better of the Dogs when they last met, in Round 18 last year.

The two teams have met at Marvel Stadium in 12 straight games, with each side winning six games.

Here’s a look at the last five times the Bulldogs and Saints have met:

2019 – Round 18 (Saints 116 defeated Bulldogs 89)

The Bulldogs were on their late-season march to the finals when they were stunned by an early St Kilda surge at Marvel Stadium. An 11-goal first half was the Dogs’ undoing, with the 43-point half time deficit too much to overcome. There were positives though – Bailey Dale booted five goals and Josh Dunkley and Jack Macrae combined for 72 disposals and 15 clearances.

2018 – Round 20 (Bulldogs 103 defeated Saints 68)

A scintillating third quarter burst from the Dogs was the feature of this contest after just four points separated the teams at half time. Marcus Bontempelli caught fire in the premiership quarter, booting four goals for the term – one of eight majors for the Bulldogs. Jason Johannisen had a day out, collecting a career-high 42 disposals.

2017 – Round 10 (Bulldogs 90 defeated Saints 50)

The Bulldogs scored a comfortable victory, winning all four quarters on the back of a five-goal haul from Jake Stringer. 13 Bulldogs amassed 20 or more possessions in the game, led by Johannisen with 29, who also had eight rebound 50s and kicked a goal.

2016 – Round 18 (Saints 75 defeated Bulldogs 60)

An unforgettable night for the Bulldogs, for all the wrong reasons. Not only were they beaten on the scoreboard, but the Dogs endured horrific injuries to Jack Redpath (torn ACL) and Mitch Wallis (broken leg) which left Marvel Stadium in a state of shock. Scores were tied late in the third quarter, but St Kilda kicked the last two goals of the game to secure victory.

2016 – Round 2 (Bulldogs 93 defeated Saints 36)

The Dogs recorded their biggest win against St Kilda in 13 years, restricting them to just five goals for the evening. Tom Boyd booted three goals and Lachie Hunter had a game-high 35 disposals as the Bulldogs led from start to finish.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 09-06-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Thanks Remi Moses thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2020

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got no idea on how this is going to play out
    All I’ll say is we’d need to be a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been the last few games
    Dogs by 1 pt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I’ve got no idea on how this is going to play out
    All I’ll say is we’d need to be a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been the last few games
    Dogs by 1 pt
    Yeah will be interesting to see how we go. I won’t be surprised if we are a little rusty but I want a much better effort than what we dished up in Round 1.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll get jumped early by a more prepared team and spend the game playing catch up to lose by 22 points in an uninspired performance.

First goal: Bruce.

Our best: Daniel
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 13
    First Goal: Dale
    BOG: Macrae
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

WB by 18
    First goal Lloyd
    BOG Wood
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Saints by 4 pts
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 11-06-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    We'll get jumped early by a more prepared team and spend the game playing catch up to lose by 22 points in an uninspired performance.

If only tattslotto was that predictable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

playing tne percentages, I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Have got concerns around English against Marshall & Ryder (if he plays) and Hill on the outside. Our midfield group is better on paper, but I don't think we can have any trust in how they apply themselves on any given day right now.

Think St Kilda will win this one.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo to swing the axe

Luke Beveridge has signalled 4-6 changes from round one. Libba, Jong and Lipinski firmly in the mix.
    Every single player on the list is out there for the warm up today, including Garcia, Duryea and R. Smith despite being on the injury list.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to believe. But I don't trust us, yet.

Saints win a deeply frustrating game by 13 points.

First goal: Brooooce
    BOG: Crozier

Particularly keen to see how Keath fares.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

IN
    Billy Gowers,
    Ed Richards,
    Jordon Sweet,
    Laitham Vandermeer,
    Lin Jong,
    Patrick Lipinski,
    Will Hayes

OUT
    Easton Wood (Injured),
    Lachie Hunter (Suspension),
    Lewis Young (Omitted)

Very happy to see Vandermeer in the side. I think he'll be a good player for us. I don't see what we see in Gardner, not sure what happened during the time off period but feel Lew Young must not have come back in peak shape to get omitted and he stays in.

Could Sweet be a chance?

Post Thanks / Like

With very little confidence

Dogs by 17 points
    BOG: Bont
    First goal: Wallis

I will become more enthusiastic should we win and play well this Sunday. Right now I still have the remaining sour level of taste in my mouth from our distant round 1 performance. The team selection doesn't inspire me either.
    I really, really hope the MC have got this right.