Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  119
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R3 2020

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Keath was so good tonight. Managed to hold Cameron to a couple of shots, provided physical support very early on, intercepting marks and can kick a goal!
    Looks like a really good addition.
    And he doesn't take much crap either.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

That was a much better presser from Bevo.

3. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really needed footy to give me a smile. This was just the ticket.

From the start it was obvious that Bont continues to live rent-free in their orange plastic heads. I'd love to know which one of the morons within their club leadership thought getting Haynes to toss the coin was going to have a psychological effect...I saw it compared to the power stance on Twitter, and I couldn't agree more. It just showed where their head was at - and it wasn't on football.

I loved Libba coming in and making them all go crazy. He just makes them lose their minds. His composure to not join the melee, and take his time to kick the goal, was surprising but welcome. He was enormous.

I loved the aerial presence of Naughton, Keath and English. Hard at the ball and the body in the air. I didn't know Keath had that sort of 1v1 matchup in him, and English was Wynd-esque in defence. He also battled well in the ruck and was able to break even a lot of contests - still a work in progress. Bruce needs to do a bit more, but still hit contests hard and flew the flag during the scuffles. There's definitely an upgrade from Le Young and Schache to Bruce and Keath in the physicality stakes.

Caleb Daniel was so composed with ball in hand. It was hard to figure out where he was actually playing, but I do like him on the wing - roaming between defensive transitions and hitting up forwards.

I agree with Hotdog60 that Bailey Williams and Laitham continued from being two bright sparks last week. Add Ed Richards this week.

It's really hard to fault anyone, I'm flying at the moment - so pumped to get that win. I hate em.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I like it here when we win but I need it when we lose.
    lol.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    And he doesn't take much crap either.
    He doesn’t take any, which is something this side needs. Someone else like Smith, Libba, Wallis to stand up for ourselves.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm really happy we had English playing ruck tonight and not Sweet. English was excellent.
    English had 12 hitouts. Proved he should not be in the ruck. Around the ground he had a big impact. Most marks in the team. Put Sweet in the ruck and give English an end to dominate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    A very kind description.. I can’t believe how bad the kicking is. short Field passes by foot bounce in front of the target far too often.
    Long passes float. Kicks into the forward line are usually to a pack. Kicks at goal are usually at 15 degrees to the centre of the posts.

A skilful team displaying that dominance in perfect conditions should have comfortably gone past 100 points. Training must prioritise kicking. Then they will be awesome.
    Some of the kicking was exceptional as well. We're a side that takes risks, high reward options that look really bad when they don't come off.

Are you happy we won tonight?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the kicking was exceptional as well. We're a side that takes risks, high reward options that look really bad when they don't come off.

Are you happy we won tonight?
    Disposal efficiency was pretty good
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

English had 12 hitouts. Proved he should not be in the ruck. Around the ground he had a big impact. Most marks in the team. Put Sweet in the ruck and give English an end to dominate.
    Oh come on. It is not always about the stats. We nullified Jacobs influence and allowed English to dominate around the ground. If English doesn’t he play ruck he doesn’t drop back in the defensive hole. He was massive and all you care about is hit outs. Did you take into account that we had, at times, Corey and Dunks in the ruck?

Post Thanks / Like

But for some blatant, woeful kicks, we were overall very good. Especially compare to our opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the worlds great mysteries is how did Tom Browne get a job in footy on TV. He’s one of the worlds great *!*!*!*!wits.

13. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes jazzadogs, 1eyedog, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No. You don't know what you're talking about.

The hit out count was inconsequential because our midfield showed up and as a team we lost the hit outs by ten. Ten. That's all.

Having English around the ground as the dominant big man, and not having Sweet around the ground not dominating was so bloody far to the benefit of our team it's not funny.

Take your ten hit out discrepancy and pin it to the mast all you like.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Axe Man, jazzadogs, Happy Days, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They can not be serious about Naughton being suspended? Was he supposed to hurdle Whitfield?

Post Thanks / Like

The hit out count was inconsequential because our midfield showed up and as a team we lost the hit outs by ten. Ten. That's all.

Having English around the ground as the dominant big man, and not having Sweet around the ground not dominating was so bloody far to the benefit of our team it's not funny.

Post of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

But....Sweet?