Likes Likes:  119
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R3 2020

Dogs by 17
    First Goal: Dale
    BOG: Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS by 35.
    First goal Cameron
    Crowd - a bit flat

I like some of the ins, but can't see us turning things around.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

3. Likes azabob, Happy Days, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Crowd - a bit flat
    Get out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

GWS are going to one out and expect we will want redemption after our last outing. I can see them going hard after JJ, English and the Bont. That’s the game right there.

If we come out of the blocks and hit the scoreboard and apply score board pressure That’s our best chance.

Anyway I’m hoping for a 7 point win
    BOG Dunkley
    First Goal Toby McClean.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Get out.
    You're just jealous you didn't think of it
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure why but I’m starting to feel we are (as they say in the classics) in with a sniff. Look at Hawthorns turnaround from last week. This season is going to throw up strange results.

The Dogs by 15, Bont BOG, “shush” Finlayson to repeat his stellar one possession GF performance.

PS I hope we don’t get sucked into thinking that being tough against the Acronyms means repeating their despicable and crude tactics OR a meaningless push and shove at the centre bounce before play starts. We need to be focused and hunt the ball with manic intensity, that is the best way to inflict pain on your Opposition.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Sheahan
    @TonySheahan

Hearing strong murmurs that the @GWSGIANTS have rested Toby Greene as they are fearful of suspension playing tonight against the @westernbulldogs

If true, just proves Toby Greene is a coward.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tony Sheahan
    @TonySheahan

Hearing strong murmurs that the @GWSGIANTS have rested Toby Greene as they are fearful of suspension playing tonight against the @westernbulldogs

Absolutely. He is a dead set coward. Surprised more of this hasn't been made. He is a squib and they are excrement.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Sheahan
    @TonySheahan

Also shows what they think of our chances.

Btw there’s literally no way this is true.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

MARGIN: Dogs by 19
    1st Goal: B. Smith
    BOG: B. Smith

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-watch-round-3

Four things to watch: Round 3
    The key talking points ahead of Friday night's clash against the GWS Giants.

1. The first bounce

There’s no love lost between the Bulldogs and Giants.

It’s one of the AFL’s newest rivalries, with the two western suburbs clubs locking horns in a number of big games in recent years.

The Bulldogs had the wood over the Giants in the regular season last year, winning by 61 points.

But the Giants had the last laugh when it mattered, putting on a physical display in the elimination final to win by 58 points and end the Bulldogs’ season.

And both teams won’t have been pleased with last week’s result.

Expect this game to be on for young and old from the start.

The skipper

Marcus Bontempelli is a superstar.

And this won’t be how he pictured his first season as skipper starting, particularly after the way the Bulldogs’ season came to a close in 2019.

The Bulldogs’ midfield has been beaten by Collingwood and St Kilda this year.

Our captain is key to turning that around against the Giants, and you just know he’ll have his sights set on making a big impact.

The forwards

The Bulldogs finished 2019 as one of the competition’s highest scoring teams.

But so far this year, they’ve been unable to recapture that devastating form around goal.

Could this be the game?

The Giants’ backline boasts some handy players – Nick Haynes, Zac Williams and Phil Davis, just to name a few

But you get the sense the likes of Aaron Naughton and Josh Bruce aren’t too far away from making their presence felt in 2020.

The crowd

Almost 1,000 supporters will be in red, white and blue at Marvel Stadium to watch this clash

Albeit, in cardboard cut-out form!

Thanks to our partner, PEDIGREE® , the Bulldog army will be out in force under the Friday night lights for this crucial clash.

Could it be that added presence which helps the Bulldogs taste victory for the first time in 2020?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Sheahan
    @TonySheahan

If I was an AFL footballer I would happily take 8 weeks to send this guy to the spirit realm.

Dogs by 24 points. Line in the sand game for a number of reasons. If we can't get it done tonight we're done.
    BOG has to be the Bont
    First major I'll go Bruce with a strong mark.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Absolutely. He is a dead set coward. Surprised more of this hasn't been made. He is a squib and they are excrement.
    The other coward to fix up is Himmblebum. Sniping from behind, punching the Bont in the guts.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Sheahan
    @TonySheahan

Please. This is transparent bullshit.

Greene out blunts the revenge narrative clickbait but not if we still milk it!

I heard a rumour we prematurely retired Barry Hall in 2011 because he was going to break every Giant's jaw in this game on top of anyone who tried to stop him.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

He looked injured last week
    Complete nonsense