Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  79
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Sydney Swans R4 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I have a confession to make to WOOF community. I have fallen in love with Rhylee West.

Must not be dropped. One of our best. Does lots of little things really, really well. Has some mongrel too.
    absolutely must stay... there are so many traits he has that are just innate; he is a 200 game plus player.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots to like, not least of all that we turned a corner last week then backed it up.

Bailey Smith might just be leading our B&F. What a find. A cornerstone of the next decade.

Low key shout-out to Zaine's game, he gave them nothing in the first half when we gapped them.

There's no 'reverse' in Westy's gearbox. He's a hard-boiled nugget of hunger and smarts. Imagine when he's played 50 games.

Pleasing to see Dale more involved around the ground, he certainly doesn't lack the toolbox. Maybe we shouldn't bury him in a pocket so often.

We all know what the Bont can do but he still has the ability to leave you agog with gratitude and admiration.

More broadly the appetite's back and seems infectious.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 men down, that last quarter was terrific.

For an exceptionally young group, to back up a rough and tumble win and then win away in this context is the sort of one that does put credits in the tin. A long way to go, but that was promising. More so than last week IMO.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    And was third for distance covered behind Mills and Bontempelli. (12.5, 12.4, 12.0)
    It's part of why we must keep him as a ruckman. The man is a midfielder and all his strengths make that his best spot on the ground. If he can just be 'good enough' at the actual ruckwork he'll be a fantastic player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the reporters asked Bevo in the presser if that was Bont's best game...…..and was laughed off and told he's played a lot of very good games for the club over the years.

I was wondering if the next question would be if Will Minson will be considered next week!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

A really good win. I was nervous about this one. Thought we might have set ourselves for The Orange and be unable to back up and produce the same intensity. A very positive sign of the spirit in the group.

How immense was Bont. He seemed unshackled from the burdens of the last few weeks. He looked the best player in the comp in the first half.

Given the unusual training restrictions I’m impressed by the body strength of our kids. Great body use by West to get that mark & critical goal, and Vandermeer also impressed with the way he marked against Rampe. Daniel is having a fine year. I’ve always been a ZAine fan, loved his work tonight. There were important contributions from every player but Josh Bruce is unfit and becoming frustrated. Good to see Libba run the game out, his work in close was important when the game got tight.

What Tim English brought tonight was amazing. To run all night, for a man of his size..he could revolutionise the game.

AstroNaut looked on for a big night. Go away injury gods *shakes fists*. This kid could be anything.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    A really good win. I was nervous about this one. Thought we might have set ourselves for The Orange and be unable to back up and produce the same intensity. A very positive sign of the spirit in the group.

How immense was Bont. He seemed unshackled from the burdens of the last few weeks. He looked the best player in the comp in the first half.

Given the unusual training restrictions I’m impressed by the body strength of our kids. Great body use by West to get that mark & critical goal, and Vandermeer also impressed with the way he marked against Rampe. Daniel is having a fine year. I’ve always been a ZAine fan, loved his work tonight. There were important contributions from every player but Josh Bruce is unfit and becoming frustrated. Good to see Libba run the game out, his work in close was important when the game got tight.

What Tim English brought tonight was amazing. To run all night, for a man of his size..he could revolutionise the game.

AstroNaut looked on for a big night. Go away injury gods *shakes fists*. This kid could be anything.
    There has to be a a few teams all of a sudden challenging what a successful ruck set up looks like. Cause I can certainly handle losing the centre bounces if it means we have a massive win in all other facets around the ground from ruckmen.
    Would love to see stats around ruckmen involvement in score. That might either inflate or deflate this.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I have a confession to make to WOOF community. I have fallen in love with Rhylee West.

Must not be dropped. One of our best. Does lots of little things really, really well. Has some mongrel too.
    Seeing him in the flesh in the VFL a few times last year and watching more mature players routinely bounce off him in contests all I could think was struth, the lad already belongs in the ones.

He's hard as f**k, maybe even harder than the old man.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    2 men down, that last quarter was terrific.

For an exceptionally young group, to back up a rough and tumble win and then win away in this context is the sort of one that does put credits in the tin. A long way to go, but that was promising. More so than last week IMO.
    Agreed. Need to put together really solid performances over the next three weeks, and hopefully get through round seven at least two games ahead of the ledger.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba hardly touched the ball in the second half, I guess he ran out of puff, as did a couple of others with two men down plus three games in 12 days.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Seeing him in the flesh in the VFL a few times last year and watching more mature players routinely bounce off him in contests all I could think was struth, the lad already belongs in the ones.

Even the holding the ball against him, highlighted his skill. He tried to wear a tackle with the confidence that he could get his arms free in order to feed a teammate with an uncontested shot on goal.
    I want Rhylee to stay in the team. He has got it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

OK, you have seen a bit of West Jr.

Totally agree about the toughness, but tonight he did so many little things so well.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All our kids showed plenty.

And we look so much quicker with Smith, Richards, Vanders & Butler in the side.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Papley got 3 goals being marked by Cordy.
    Cordy still won I reckon... is that contentious?????
    How bizarre, I reckon that was a good game from Zaine.... yet the TV seems to show him being the one trailing Papley on the marking contests.
    TV lies...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm sure Papley got 3 goals being marked by Cordy.
    Cordy still won I reckon... is that contentious?????
    How bizarre, I reckon that was a good game from Zaine.... yet the TV seems to show him being the one trailing Papley on the marking contests.
    TV lies...
    Some of the delivery to Papley was unstoppable.

Zaine was very good tonight.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

23. Likes Dry Rot liked this post