Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  78
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R5 2020

Don’t over rate us tonight , North are terrible.
    As much as we had a day out they had nothing.
    I’m keeping a lid on that win.
    Nth without Zeibel and Cunnington is a massive loss for them, that’s their midfield done and dusted.
    Higgins was never going to do anything with them two out.
    Goldstein is holding them together bigtime ATM
    I know we won and that’s what it’s about but We did what we should have.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We beat them by fifty and we didn't have Naughton, Dunkley and effectively our two best players this year, Bontempelli and Smith.

Good teams put bad teams away and we did that.

We should be satisfied.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes Eastdog, 1eyedog, azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    We beat them by fifty and we didn't have Naughton, Dunkley and effectively our two best players this year, Bontempelli and Smith.

We should be satisfied.
    Also no Hunter, Duryea
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mighty Bulldogs!!

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes Twodogs, Happy Days, 1eyedog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

We should be satisfied.
    I’m satisfied but we know Nth have nothing after them two, we have a deep list they don’t and even with all those players out we were expected to win.
    We did what we needed to do and opened them up like a can of worms . I take more satisfaction out of the two games before, I’m hoping as a team we don’t get carried away with it as we are a huge chance to win our next two if we don’t get complacent over that win.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the game was closer in the first half than the scoreboard suggested. The difference was we made our forward entries count, and they didn't, which was something we've been guilty of.

Having a KPF that kicks 6 straight helps.Anyone else think he moves and kick a bit like WCE Josh Kennedy, without the stutter?

English was good, Maclean was good, West was good, and Daniel once again showed his elite decision-making and execution skills. Such a smart and skilled player.

11. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m satisfied but we know Nth have nothing after them two, we have a deep list they don’t and even with all those players out we were expected to win.
    We did what we needed to do and opened them up like a can of worms . I take more satisfaction out of the two games before, I’m hoping as a team we don’t get carried away with it as we are a huge chance to win our next two if we don’t get complacent over that win.
    I like what EasternWest says but you make a fair point as well ledge. Huge opportunity the next 2 weeks to take a huge stranglehold on the shortened season and affirm ourselves. Great to win tonight without Bont firing as much as he did last week.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...dogs-sink-roos

Bruce bag helps Dogs sink Roos
    The Bulldogs were 49-point winners over the Kangaroos, with Josh Bruce bagging six goals.

A six-goal haul to star forward Josh Bruce has helped the Western Bulldogs to a commanding 49-point win against North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium.

Bruce’s equal career-best performance was complimented by a host of strong performers across the board, as the Bulldogs led from start to finish on their way to a 13.9 (87) to 5.8 (38) triumph on Saturday night.

It gives the Bulldogs a third consecutive win for and takes them inside the top eight for the first time in 2020.
    The Bulldogs completed the game with 20 fit players, after concussions to Bailey Smith in the first quarter and the impressive Laitham Vandermeer just before three quarter time.

Remarkably, it was a job done without starring roles being played by usual suspects Marcus Bontempelli and Jack Macrae, and with the likes of Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter, Aaron Naughton and Sam Lloyd on the sidelines.

The Bulldogs controlled the ball, with 334 disposals to the Kangaroos’ 267, and were able to capitalise heading forward, with 15 marks inside 50 to just six.

A six-point lead at the first change was extended to 20 points at the major break, thanks to Bruce’s third major after the siren.

It was in the third term the Bulldogs kicked away, with a string of five unanswered goals – including Bruce’s fourth and fifth – giving them a 43-point advantage at the final interval.

Mitch Wallis and Josh Schache each added a second major in the last quarter, before Bruce’s sixth capped off the night.

Ruckman Tim English continued his stellar month of football, racking up 22 disposals and eight marks to win his battle with Kangaroos star Todd Goldstein, while tough midfielder Tom Liberatore (23 disposals, five clearances) was important in the clinches.

Toby McLean played an important shutdown role on Shaun Higgins (14 disposals) while finishing with 22 disposals himself.

In defence, the Bulldogs were superb for a third week in a row.

Alex Keath and Zaine Cordy were strong in the key posts as Ben Brown went goalless, while Easton Wood was at his dynamic best on return from injury, dominating in the air with nine marks.

Breaking the lines and driving the Bulldogs from defence to attack were Jason Johannisen and Caleb Daniel, who each finished with 22 disposals and more than 400 metres gained.

The Bulldogs will now head to a Gold Coast hub, ahead of matches against Carlton and Essendon.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2.2 5.5 10.6 13.9 (87)
    NORTH MELBOURNE 1.2 2.3 3.5 5.8 (38)

GOALS
    Western Bulldogs: Bruce 6, Wallis 2, Schache 2, Dale, Vandermeer, Richards,
    North Melbourne: Goldstein 2, Taylor 2, Zurhaar

BEST
    Western Bulldogs: Bruce, Liberatore, English, Wood, Johannisen, McLean, Keath, Daniel
    North Melbourne: Simpkin, Tarrant, Anderson, Dumont, Goldstein, Polec

INJURIES
    Western Bulldogs: Smith (concussion), Vandermeer (concussion)
    North Melbourne: Thomas (concussion), Cunnington (TBC), Higgins (leg)

Post Thanks / Like

A few comments about the umpiring and HTB, but I really liked the way it was mostly interpreted.

Keeps the game flowing with reduced stoppages.

Some issues with consistency, but that will always be an issue with our game.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    A few comments about the umpiring and HTB, but I really liked the way it was mostly interpreted.

Keeps the game flowing with reduced stoppages.

Some issues with consistency, but that will always be an issue with our game.
    The one against Higgins was way too harsh, but it was the only one that stood out where there was absolutely no prior.

The other contentious ones, you could make an argument there was an attempt to ride the contact.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the replay, I didn’t realise Vandermeer was concussed before 3qt, thought it was much later.

Even more impressed with his game now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Norf are a joke of a club. Rivalling only GWS for fake tough guy antics, and Essendon for poor character overall. A stain on the league.

That was fun. I'm pleased, but not in raptures. Our backline is coming together and we were very cohesive across each phase of the game, that is the stand out. We are getting contributions and connections across the field.

Keep that going, it's footy to be proud of & will quickly re-establish my trust in both the coaching team and the squad if we can keep some momentum into this hub situation.

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Norf are a joke of a club. Rivalling only GWS for fake tough guy antics, and Essendon for poor character overall. A stain on the league.
    Aside from that, North is your second team?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like North and think they have a lot to be excited about. But that was a really grim performance.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

That was fun. I'm pleased, but not in raptures. Our backline is coming together and we were very cohesive across each phase of the game, that is the stand out. We are getting contributions and connections across the field.

Keep that going, it's footy to be proud of & will quickly re-establish my trust in both the coaching team and the squad if we can keep some momentum into this hub situation.
    Sorry SoS I do not like that at all. A stain on the league?