Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  78
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R5 2020

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The one against Higgins was way too harsh, but it was the only one that stood out where there was absolutely no prior.

The other contentious ones, you could make an argument there was an attempt to ride the contact.
    You will always see some called wrongly, but much better to have the onus on players to move the ball, rather than collapse into a tackle for a stoppage.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Don’t over rate us tonight , North are terrible.
    As much as we had a day out they had nothing.
    I’m keeping a lid on that win.
    Nth without Zeibel and Cunnington is a massive loss for them, that’s their midfield done and dusted.
    Higgins was never going to do anything with them two out.
    Goldstein is holding them together bigtime ATM
    I know we won and that’s what it’s about but We did what we should have.
    I don't agree that North are terrible. Yes, they are missing Ziebell and Cunnington was stuffed - but we were missing Dunkley and Naughton who are in our top 5 important players. North probably should have beaten St.Kilda, they beat the Giants, if the game goes another 2 mins they beat Hawthorn....they aren't hopeless and they genuinely have a crack. Being down a player for the whole game, and Vandermeer and Jong missing big portions - I think we deserve to be satisfied.

Also, keep in mind where we are at in terms of team age/experience profile;
    North had 7 players with over 150 games experience, we had 1. They had 12 over 100 games, we had 8. Their median age is 27.3 yrs compared to our 24.2.

In reality, we're more talented and should beat them - but particularly when you lose players during the game - and are dealing with an unusual season - I think we deserve to appreciate the good wins when we have them.

We've conceded 110 points in 3 weeks now. Our systems are working well. We're picking a team to get the job done and we've sorted out our percentage issue that had the potential to be a significant finals/final position factor.

It is a significant win on a number of levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    You will always see some called wrongly, but much better to have the onus on players to move the ball, rather than collapse into a tackle for a stoppage.
    I think it’s always better to reward the person that wins the ball. If you start rewarding the person that sweats off the game has lost the plot. The recent change is in danger of over correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    McLean played a defensive role against the Giants, started on Whitfield and spent time in the back half.
    I know. It doesn't change who was advocating for it Baron Von Aza Pants.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t over rate us tonight , North are terrible.
    As much as we had a day out they had nothing.
    I’m keeping a lid on that win.
    Nth without Zeibel and Cunnington is a massive loss for them, that’s their midfield done and dusted.
    Higgins was never going to do anything with them two out.
    Goldstein is holding them together bigtime ATM
    I know we won and that’s what it’s about but We did what we should have.
    Imagine if we had Dunkley and Naughton, or Lloyd or...….I think you get the message.

We played a huge defencive game tonight from the middle to the forwards, and it wouldn't have mattered who we played against. We've have done them.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m satisfied but we know Nth have nothing after them two, we have a deep list they don’t and even with all those players out we were expected to win.
    We did what we needed to do and opened them up like a can of worms . I take more satisfaction out of the two games before, I’m hoping as a team we don’t get carried away with it as we are a huge chance to win our next two if we don’t get complacent over that win.
    I actually appreciate your point. They were exposed. However, in shortened games, and when I say shortened I mean by twenty percent, we still did them by 49 points. That's amazing. In regular game time that's amazing.

We lost a prime mover early and had a marking and link up player off the ground for a quarter.

Below our knees we were cleaner than I have seen us in a lot time, and that made us more effective with close hands and being able to break away from stoppages. No team in the league has played like we did tonight, not saying we played the best footy, just saying no other team has played like it.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some observations
    Hasn't Rhylee West brought a lot to this side since his inclusion after overcoming a knee injury?
    Lipinski has answered the challenge after he was surprisingly dropped
    English performed sensationally well against a quality opponent. Shame he didn't nail that goal
    JJ was a driving force for us and it's just a shame he didn't kick a couple of goals
    Keath was a prominent player for us again
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Max469, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just some observations
    Hasn't Rhylee West brought a lot to this side since his inclusion after overcoming a knee injury?
    English performed sensationally well against a quality opponent. Shame he didn't nail that goal
    JJ was a driving force for us and it's just a shame he didn't kick a couple of goals
    Agree with all of this. West has been so impressive, he just does everything well - great in the contest, smart, uses it well.

Keath has been enormous for us.

Thought Schache was important, he provides a link for us and creates space behind him - didn't get in Bruce's way, which Naughty had previously.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Keath coming in as really helped cordy and on last nights form Easton wood
    West’s poise and decision making is a real standout . The shack was important last night and played a selfless role for Bruce on a few occasions. How on earth they played cunnington should be questioned . Apparently he looked like that in the fitness test

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just some observations
    JJs reemergence as an influence on the contest has been a real win for us as a Club and Bevo's plans I think. We are getting better, cohesive play when we transition from the backline and I think thats being driven by improved effort and support from JJ. Richards is sharing some of the load for that line breaking run, Wood did plenty, but it was JJ who loooked like taking that run and keeping the scoreboard ticking over. He had NM caught flat footed.

Post Thanks / Like

Those comments Ricciuto made about Keath not being worth the contract he got are looking sillier by the week

15. Likes Testekill, N/A, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Those comments Ricciuto made about Keath not being worth the contract he got are looking sillier by the week
    Let's hope Keathy stays off Twitter though
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Yeah, because the crows are such a well run, united club right now...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What were they expecting to pay him ?
    120$ a game

beyondthevalleyofthedog Guest

The cohesiveness on display was fantastic for a team that (like all the others) is only allowed to train in small groups. I'm still not convinced about the worth of this season, but I'm just enjoying our weekly performances. Just got to keep the MC from overthinking this and there'll be plenty more wins to come