Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  78
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V North Melbourne R5 2020

Margin:
    Our First Goal:
    Our Best On Ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R5 2020

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...orth-melbourne

The last five: North Melbourne
    A look at the recent encounters between the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne.

If the last five contests between the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne are anything to go by, this Saturday night’s contest at Marvel Stadium will be a nail-biter.

Four of the last five times the teams have met, the margin has been seven points or less.

Here’s a look at the recent encounters between the sides.

2019 – Round 10 (Kangaroos 115 defeated Bulldogs 90)
    The Bulldogs were 20 points in arrears at three quarter time in this clash at Marvel Stadium and found inspiration from ruckman Tim English, who booted two goals to the start the last quarter and breathe life into the game. Sam Lloyd followed with two of his own and the Dogs were in front at the nine-minute mark. But the Roos responded with the last five majors of the game to secure the four points.

2018 – Round 21 (Bulldogs 92 defeated Kangaroos 85)
    Jack Macrae, Lachie Hunter and Caleb Daniel had a field day, each collecting 40 or more disposals as the Dogs overcame a sizeable early deficit to win a thriller. The Dogs fell 29 points behind by half time but re-emerged from the break with a blistering eight-goal third term to wrestle back the momentum. Each side could only manage one goal each from a combined 10 scoring shots, as the Bulldogs hung on to win by seven points.

2018 – Round 14 (Kangaroos 77 defeated Bulldogs 75)
    Earlier that year, a see-sawing contest was edged North Melbourne’s way in the final seconds after the margin was no more than 13 points for the duration of the match. The Bulldogs trailed by 10 points midway through the last quarter, hit the front after goals from Ed Richards and Bailey Gowers, but were heartbroken when Jack Ziebell snapped a goal with less than 30 seconds remaining.

2017 – Round 14 (Bulldogs 107 defeated Kangaroos 106)
    A set shot behind by Jake Stinger with just 38 seconds to go was the difference between the two teams in another classic encounter at Marvel Stadium. The Dogs led by 26 points early in the last quarter, but the Kangaroos kicked four straight goals to level scores at the 29-minute mark. A Lachie Hunter kick landed in Stringer’s arms on the boundary line, 50 metres out, and while he narrowly missed, it was enough to secure victory.

2017 – Round 4 (Bulldogs 89 defeated Kangaroos 86)
    The clubs had the honour of participating in the first ever Good Friday game, and they delivered a cracker of a contest in front of a bumper crowd. Again, the match was on a knife’s edge until the final seconds, and again the Dogs overcame a deficit to secure victory. Three straight last term majors had the Bulldogs headed for the finish line, but Jack Ziebell goaled and Lindsay Thomas had his long shot sail wide before the siren sounded.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 03-07-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are due to for a win against North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    We are due to for a win against North.
    How so, they have won 1 in a row?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    How so, they have won 1 in a row?
    Just based on that we lost to them last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Ziebell a confirmed out won't hurt the cause but Brown's snuck a dozen goals in their last 3 outings against us and I'll weep if we play him back into form.

English's ability to drift back and intercept might have more say in proceedings than his tussle with Goldstein.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be very disappointed if we lose this one as i don't rate North at all. Having said that, we have had a few close ones with them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I will be very disappointed if we lose this one as i don't rate North at all. Having said that, we have had a few close ones with them.
    I think you are underrating North a bit, they could easily be 4-0. I do agree it is a game we should be able to win though.

Post Thanks / Like

Like St Kilda, the Roos match up on us really well. Cunnington back is a massive IN for them.

I really hope we put some time into him but we know that's not Bevo's style.

I expect English to get slaughtered in the ruck contests but then jump on his bike to drop into the hole in front of Ben Brown. If he can do that effectively, we're a big chance.

North's half backs are absolute panic merchants so if our pressure is at the levels it has been the past few weeks, we can really hurt them from forward half stoppages/trunovers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

All the teams we have played are above us on the ladder. North is 4 spots above us. Yet we have won half our matches. We could lose and go up the ladder. Such are the vagaries of an early season ladder. Bad injuries early for us to crucial players. We have wing waiters who get their chances.
    Dogs by 27 pts
    First goal: Lloyd's replacement.
    BOG: Macrae.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Cunnington back is a massive IN for them.
    Turns out that might not be a problem after all.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Fingers crossed. They pretty much can't win without him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Fingers crossed. They pretty much can't win without him.
    We know what part of the body to target
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If cunnington is in we need to put time into him or Higgins
    Cunnington has murdered us recently
    I’ll take a win by anything
    1st goal Wallis
    BOG Bont