• VFL quality

0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Bailey Williams 34

I thought with the delay of the football it's time to assess our list so I hope I've started this in the right way.
    We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Bailey Williams 34

A few stats:
    Height: 187cm
    Weight: 85Kg
    Games: 42

Taken with pick 48 overall in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, Bailey Williams is a utility with elite agility who can win the ball in close, and makes excellent decisions. Ultra competitive, with a strong desire to tackle, Williams showed he can be a high production midfielder, highlighted by a 56 disposal game against Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL as a junior. Williams debuted for the Bulldogs in Round 8 of the 2016 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, collecting 14 disposals in the Dogs' 32-point win over Melbourne at the MCG. After a breakout 2018 season where he played 14 AFL games, senior opportunities were limited for Bailey Williams in 2019. The South Australian was primarily used in defence, with a taste of the midfield, in his nine AFL matches. At VFL level, he averaged more than 22 disposals per game to be consistently among Footscray’s best performers. Williams signed a two-year contract extension at the end of 2019.
    LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams is a player that needs confidence, and once he finds it he plays well. He is a good average player, that is capable of winning his position. Once he gets his consistency up, he can cement his place in the team. He has a lot of competition for the HBF role, so needs to play well every week to keep his spot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of what Williams could potentially bring us. We messed him around by having him training with the midfielders and then slinging him into the back line and to top it off we didn't have a lot of patience with him

He's a good user of the ball and is possibly one of our more versatile players on the list
    He will need to stay in good form with the likes of Duryea pushing for senior selection
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Agree GVG. To be fair he looked like he could become a good midfielder given his end to 2018, but it's clear - for now - that he is best positioned in the back half with his ability to play tall/small, take intercept marks and rebound.

I'm a fan and I think he can actually be one of our better players.

Post Thanks / Like

I also like him. Reminds me of Lindsay Gilbee when he first started. Only difference is Lindsay stayed in one position.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Genuinely excited by this kid. Will IMO be a ball moving machine in the league of Danger/Gazza

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute tease.
    Plays his best football behind the ball, like 80% of our list. Can pinch hit in the middle and hasn't quite been able to be effective on the wing. He's just so close without putting it all together, apart from a few games as a rebounding defender.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

i like the Gilbee comparison, but his kicking lacks Lindsay's precision.

He does have the attributes but needs to bring consistency.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

From a match committee perspective he seems to be what I call a 'credit free' player. Injuries and form mean it's hard from him to build up credits with the MC

He could play 3 or 4 good games in a row but be dropped a week later because he didn't play well in 1 game
    We certainly didn't show a lot of patience with him last season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What's not to like about him. Can play taller than he is, has wheels and can kick outside 50 goals and as a junior used to rack em up. Future Jet. Always had huge wraps on him hope he makes it. Play him on Hunter's wing!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This bloke is best 22.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Torpedo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This bloke is best 22.

He really seems mature and grounded. So much potential - hope he takes another step forward this year. Outstanding last year