Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 3 Vs GWS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It really doesn't matter what we do at match committee. If we don't have the 22 selected players 100% committed to fanatically bashing in and bashing up the opposition next week, then we have no pride whatsoever. That mob embarrassed us brutally in the finals last year - we didn't stop talking about 'redemption' all summer and fired blanks when the real stuff started. We did it again during isolation, and once again we dismally failed to match our actions with our words.

it will be career ending stuff for some players if there is a repeat of our last 3 competitive matches.
    Yep. Prematch I said I was interested to see us respond after another week of talking. When they kicked a couple in a row, you could see us fold like a pack of cards.

JJ is firmly in my sights. I think he epitomises us; looks amazing running freely with the ball when everything's going well but offers absolutely no resistance when it's not. In fact, he's a liability whenever the word pressure is even whispered.

His effort on the wing when he short stepped and avoided contact - when ironically there wasn't any coming - to then slip over and play up an injury was embarrassing.

JJ has been a favourite of mine from day dot in his debut v North, but I can't defend him anymore. He accepts defeat. He accepts the tag, he accepts being pushed around (while Crozier attempted to help him).

Big call, but I'd just about look at trading him.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope for all these Ins everyone but be happy with minimal changes with Roarke and Hayes get the call up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It really doesn't matter what we do at match committee. If we don't have the 22 selected players 100% committed to fanatically bashing in and bashing up the opposition next week, then we have no pride whatsoever. That mob embarrassed us brutally in the finals last year - we didn't stop talking about 'redemption' all summer and fired blanks when the real stuff started. We did it again during isolation, and once again we dismally failed to match our actions with our words.

it will be career ending stuff for some players if there is a repeat of our last 3 competitive matches.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of the playing group are sick of the whole Bevo schtick, particularly his whack job selection methods, and that kind of sub-conscious disenchantment is filtering through to their performances.

Only way I can explain the overall effort we're producing and how poor we are playing. Seeing Alex Keath ripping into Gardner was telling, IMO.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don’t know about ins, but at the moment Suckling, Gowers, Lloyd, Dale and Gardner are the obvious choices for outs in the short term.
    Bruce needs to show more. I’m becoming a bit concerned about Macrae. We need to do something about our inability to defend on a turnover.
    I too am concerned about Macrae. Has continued on this year from where he left off last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I can forgive the shank, but the guy just looked lost on the field. He didn’t know where to run when attacking and he looked lost in defence.

I know he is trying hard, but his read of the play is just not there. He is not at AFL level.

I would love to be proved wrong, but he is costing us a position in the backline.
    He actually made a few decent spoils in the first quarter and a half, but the kid's confidence is shot after the first two rounds. I think we'd be doing him a disservice if he played next week.

If Alex Keath - mild mannered, soft spoken, diplomatic Alex Keath - can actually have harsh words on the field about a teammate you now something isn't right.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Hope for all these Ins everyone but be happy with minimal changes with Roarke and Hayes get the call up.
    Roarke is injured, I don't think he's available.

With a five day break I expect a number of changes. I'd love Libba to get his chance, and one of Cordy/Trengove who are hard as nails.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Roarke is injured, I don't think he's available.

Let's pick him anyway!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a stat on socials saying macrae wasn’t in for one center bounce !
    WTF is going on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    WTF is going on
    Right now if it's for Bailey Smith, it's justified. He was on the wing at the start of every quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    WTF is going on
    That's bizarre if true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep. Prematch I said I was interested to see us respond after another week of talking. When they kicked a couple in a row, you could see us fold like a pack of cards.

JJ is firmly in my sights. I think he epitomises us; looks amazing running freely with the ball when everything's going well but offers absolutely no resistance when it's not. In fact, he's a liability whenever the word pressure is even whispered.

His effort on the wing when he short stepped and avoided contact - when ironically there wasn't any coming - to then slip over and play up an injury was embarrassing.

JJ has been a favourite of mine from day dot in his debut v North, but I can't defend him anymore. He accepts defeat. He accepts the tag, he accepts being pushed around (while Crozier attempted to help him).

Big call, but I'd just about look at trading him.
    The body language dropped away enormously - letting Butler run into an open goal while our defenders argued with each other….

Bitterly disappointing, but not altogether surprising.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Outs

Gardner - I know this is mean. But I've been scratching my head to think of a less equipped Bulldogs player, ever.
    Gowers - I think we're done Billy.
    Dale - Is only downhill skiing, nice player when we are flying and he is icing. Can't have him in the trenches right now.
    English - Worried about his confidence at the moment and took a big hit. Just gets bashed again by Jacobs if he's in.
    Vandermeer - ok on debut - but the furnace gets hotter again this week.

Ins;

Trengove - Replacing Tim for a week rucking. Possibly goes to a defensive role after this week- but doesn't have a defensive match up v GWS.
    Libba - if available and I've heard on the grapevine he is.
    McLean - prefer Toby to Dale right now.
    Young - thought he was good in our final last year - and if we need to develop a tall defender - prefer Young over Gardy.
    West - Prefer over Vandermeer at this point in time.

JJ and Lloyd get another chance due to runs on the board. But JJ's acceptance of the tag is a real worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wood is out for maybe 2 more weeks according to Bevo
    I didn't know that. I need to re -look at the team.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Outs

Gardner - I know this is mean. But I've been scratching my head to think of a less equipped Bulldogs player, ever.
    I'm sure we've had worse players on the list but I don't think any had the opportunities gifted to him like Gardner has.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm sure we've had worse players on the list but I don't think any had the opportunities gifted to him like Gardner has.
    Yes, for instance, when did Gardy play a good VFL game?