Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Sydney 2020

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 3 match against GWS for our Round 4, 2020 match against Sydney at SCG on Thursday night?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Sydney 2020

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Dickson
    Out: Lloyd or Dale... 50/50 who.

Josh Bruce won't get dropped.. but he should be on notice, and Schache should feel emboldened to really give it his all on the track this week.
    JJ is lucky we've no one else who can perform his role. I feel he need a bunch of his peers to personally challenge him this week. Put it on him. He shows little care with his disposal, and does not play the percentages enough when it is called for.

Post Thanks / Like

We played North today in a scratch match. Would be good to hear who played well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Vandameer, Lloyd, Dale, Bruce and Suckling all under pressure to retain their spots.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Josh Bruce won't get dropped.. but he should be on notice, and Schache should feel emboldened to really give it his all on the track this week.
    JJ is lucky we've no one else who can perform his role. I feel he need a bunch of his peers to personally challenge him this week. Put it on him. He shows little care with his disposal, and does not play the percentages enough when it is called for.
    I thought JJ was pretty good early, then, yeah I dunno....
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post

Not sure why you are targeting JJ. I thought he played a good game, a couple of clangers, but fought hard including 7 CP of his 20 disposals.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is JJ fit? Is Suckling injured?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is JJ fit? Is Suckling injured?
    If you listened to Bevo during the week, he had JJ playing a different role, more defensive and was pleased with what he did. He may have played a different role today as well

Post Thanks / Like

JJ played with some hardness at the ball, he was much better today. Par.

Lloyd played himself out of the side. I think perhaps Shache could replace him if he was fit and ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why you are targeting JJ. I thought he played a good game, a couple of clangers, but fought hard including 7 CP of his 20 disposals.
    JJ ran hard, made lots of K's... but in several moments that mattered, butchered kicks, flaked contests. His worst outweighed his good. As I said though, he will prevail selection wise, there isn't anyone who has the attributes he does possess. I feel he would benefit from a stern and frank conversation from some of the other club leaders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    JJ played with some hardness at the ball, he was much better today. Par.

Lloyd played himself out of the side. I think perhaps Shache could replace him if he was fit and ready to go.
    Lloyd should go. There is ZERO chance Schache is going to replace him, especially if Bruce and Naughton hold their spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Suckling is in terrible shape, IMO. Carrying way too much weight.

Bruce & JJ also enjoyed himself during iso by the looks of things.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Suckling is in terrible shape, IMO. Carrying way too much weight.

Bruce & JJ also enjoyed himself during iso by the looks of things.
    Suckling has always been in terrible shape to be fair, even when he was at the Hawks. He's a naturally skinny fat guy.

Anyway before reading anything from the scratch match with North, I'd drop Bruce for Schache and think about Dale or Vandemeer for Lippa. Bruce hasn't fired a shot so far.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Suckling has always been in terrible shape to be fair, even when he was at the Hawks. He's a naturally skinny fat guy.

Anyway before reading anything from the scratch match with North, I'd drop Bruce for Schache and think about Dale or Vandemeer for Lippa. Bruce hasn't fired a shot so far.
    I know he usually rocks the skinny fat bod and has the muscle definition of a 43 year accountant but now he’s more just fat fat.

Bruce needs to shed some kgs, but I thought he provided more of a presence tonight. Deserves another week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.