Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Sydney 2020

Dale and Lloyd out and Weightman and Lippy in.

Post Thanks / Like

Suckling and Vandermeer out Bruce should be an out as well and Dale and Lloyd under consideration
    Weightman and Hayes in..Schache on standby and Lipinksi around the mark
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If Dickson is fit, he must come in for Dale or Lloyd

I would leave Vanda in.

Suckling looked like he had a hip problem, and maybe that restricted his kicking. The shots from near 50, he didn't even go for, so he may be injured.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale out, I’m still trying to work out what happened with that shot!? Suckling doesn’t look fit so I’d give him a spell too.

Lloyd and Bruce need to show something but I’d keep them for another game.

West, Weightman, Dickson in the mix for Dale dependant on form and availability. I’d like to see Lipinski back too.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vandermeer stays imo, think he shows real promise.
    Dale out, Suckling out. Lipinski in, Sweet in.
    Lloyd and Bruce need to hit the scoreboard v Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Dale and Lloyd out and Weightman and Lippy in.
    On what basis is Weightman in? We benefitted tonight from a more experience team where a greater number of players have played with each other and were predictable to each other. Not sure of the urgent need to throw another debutant into the mix unless it is at the expense of Vandermeer who may not have the seasoned conditioning to cope with 3 games in 12 days.

Post Thanks / Like

The changes this week will be based on which of the fringe players are showing signs of not coping with the slog of having 3 games close together on the trot. Lloyd may not have had much of an impact to date, but it hasn't been too easy as a dogs forward this year to date, and I would have thought Lloyd maturity (body wise) gives him a better chance than some others to stand up to the physical demands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The changes this week will be based on which of the fringe players are showing signs of not coping with the slog of having 3 games close together on the trot. Lloyd may not have had much of an impact to date, but it hasn't been too easy as a dogs forward this year to date, and I would have thought Lloyd maturity (body wise) gives him a better chance than some others to stand up to the physical demands.
    Would rather someone else plays ok for a half and then doesn't touch it for the rest of the game than what Lloyd is currently serving up.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Suckling is in terrible shape, IMO. Carrying way too much weight.

Bruce & JJ also enjoyed himself during iso by the looks of things.
    I was a bit more subtile with that earlier in this thread. But he is definitely carrying extra KGs as is Bruce.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Vandameer, Lloyd, Dale, Bruce and Suckling all under pressure to retain their spots.
    Thinking overnight i'd drop Lloyd before Dale. At least Dale is getting the ball and is capable of moving up the ground.

Bruce gets one more shot, I would instruct him to stay in our forward half so we can keep our forward structure in place and allow Naughton to play further up the field and use his athleticism.

I think Lloyd and Vandameer are the main ones under the pump.

I really hope West is available soon as he would be my choice to replace Lloyd.

Oh yeah, its both empowering and jumping the shark all at once quoting yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you listened to Bevo during the week, he had JJ playing a different role, more defensive and was pleased with what he did. He may have played a different role today as well
    I am not buying what Beveridge is selling there. Playing a different role? C'mon he is a running HB flanker.

Are you buying what he is selling?

My reason for considering JJ as an out is clearly he is not in match condition and secondly his disposal has been poor with field kicking and goal kicking.

Beveridge harps on about finishing properly but what consequences are there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Suckling and Vandermeer out Bruce should be an out as well and Dale and Lloyd under consideration
    Weightman and Hayes in..Schache on standby and Lipinksi around the mark
    Why Hayes over Lipinski?

Post Thanks / Like

Why Hayes over Lipinski?
    I like both, it's just think this is what the MC might do. To me bringing back Lipinski after just one week just seems unlikely
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit more subtile with that earlier in this thread. But he is definitely carrying extra KGs as is Bruce.
    Yep, JJ is rocking a dad bod for sure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    On what basis is Weightman in? We benefitted tonight from a more experience team where a greater number of players have played with each other and were predictable to each other. Not sure of the urgent need to throw another debutant into the mix unless it is at the expense of Vandermeer who may not have the seasoned conditioning to cope with 3 games in 12 days.
    Both Lloyd and Dale have been ordinary for 3 games. Lloyd slow and both missing gettable goals. I know they are not alone in this but they are forwards without great presence or pressure skills so might be time to give others a go.

I think Weightman has chutzpah and guessing he will not be overwhelmed by a debut & is apparently quick and tenacious. I would prefer Cavarra or West to be given a go but former is injured and latter not sure if he has recovered from leg injury. Dickson could be option too. Lippy if I recall has played forward a bit and i think puts more pressure on opponent than lloyd or Dale.

I reckon Vandermeer is looking promising as well as quick and Bevo might give him another go. If his body not ok with 3 games in 12 days then swap him with Hayes.

I also like suggestions of La Young for Suckling but aware of dangers of making too many changes which Bevo does not do often, especially after a win.