Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Sydney 2020

Out- lloyd
    In- lippa

Suckling very lucky
    Bruce to play syd and north and if doesn’t deliver something, he’s dropped.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

JJ isn't in is best ever shape for sure, but is it really hurting his performance? I thought he was really good yesterday.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    JJ isn't in is best ever shape for sure, but is it really hurting his performance? I thought he was really good yesterday.
    He was hard at the contest. Hasn't been for quite a while. There was one spoil he really committed his body, won the ball and then it spilled for a turn over but I was pleased for him. His turn to go and he passed the test.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoever looks the best out of Dickson, Cavarra & Weightman for Lloyd.
    If Vandermeer is fit enough, he stays in.
    Dunkley looked hurt on the siren but nothing in the media suggests he’s hurt - Lipinski to come in if any of the mids need a rest.
    Still a way to go, but positive signs. 1-3 still a distinct possibility, but if we bring last night’s effort we’ll be hard to play against every week
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember when it was, but play had stopped and Matthew Suckling was moving with some difficulty. Looked like a back problem from what I could see.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He definitely ran, and that's a good thing. However I am really getting frustrated with his lack of care with the footy.
    He is a poor shot on goal, and yet he decided to take advantage and shoot from 50, when it would've been better to stop and allow Bont I think it was, to take his free kick.
    He turns the ball over too often.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't think its the year to play kids off very little prep, I'd go experience.

Easton Wood ready? I like the idea of Wood, Williams and Crozier coming across and helping out Cordy and Keath.

I'd bring Lippa( still not sure why he was dropped) in to replace Loyd/Vanda, we have put games into Lippa no reason why Weightman should be ahead of him at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Would rather someone else plays ok for a half and then doesn't touch it for the rest of the game than what Lloyd is currently serving up.
    or Dale.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am not buying what Beveridge is selling there. Playing a different role? C'mon he is a running HB flanker.

Are you buying what he is selling?

My reason for considering JJ as an out is clearly he is not in match condition and secondly his disposal has been poor with field kicking and goal kicking.

Beveridge harps on about finishing properly but what consequences are there?
    Why would Bevo say that if it is not true? WE don't know what his role was last week and this.

He picked up 20 disposals (7 CP) off HBF, yes he butchered the ball a bit with 65% D Eff but I wouldn't be dropping him.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why would Bevo say that if it is not true? WE don't know what his role was last week and this.

He picked up 20 disposals (7 CP) off HBF, yes he butchered the ball a bit with 65% D Eff but I wouldn't be dropping him.
    Because he is an AFL coach.

I do agree with you that he should not be dropped.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently McLean was doing a job on Whitfield before his injury
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Easton Wood ready?
    At least 4 weeks away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He definitely ran, and that's a good thing. However I am really getting frustrated with his lack of care with the footy.
    He is a poor shot on goal, and yet he decided to take advantage and shoot from 50, when it would've been better to stop and allow Bont I think it was, to take his free kick.
    He turns the ball over too often.
    Yep there is no surer thing than JJ on the run kicking a point. He is the anti Gilbee.

Changes for me I would still prefer a quicker more pressure hungry forwardline. We brought it against GWS but not sure we will have the full team buy in every game and need a setup which more naturally lends itself to it.

I'd be looking at bringing in one of West, Cavarra or Weightman for Lloyd or Dale, and if Dickson is good to go he comes in for the other.

Lipinski should be in the side, and I'd drop Suckling for him, who was terrible and seemed to shy away from kicking it (at least well), but the MC has clearly seen a different Lipinski to me for multiple seasons now.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    At least 4 weeks away
    Easton reckons he’s one to two away

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Lloyd & Suckers

In: Weightman and Lippa

I think Weightman from all accounts has earnt his chance. Swans will be a good game for him to debut. Lippa was unlucky to be dropped after the Saints. He's not like for like with Suckers, but from a balance perspective I think gives a little more.