Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 5 Vs North Melbourne 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Say what? He's one of the quickest players we have.
    Yep. Vanders also has a sweet sidestep.

Post Thanks / Like

Say what? He's one of the quickest players we have.
    Lol do you really think he's quick? I don't. I mean he's ok but, you know he's not quick enough to mask all his other deficiencies. I'm not putting him on the meat hook. He's a neat player and could be useful down the track but when others come back from injury he'll be shelved pretty quickly I would have thought.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep. Vanders also has a sweet sidestep.
    Ok we better keep playing him then.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lol do you really think he's quick? I don't. I mean he's ok but, you know he's not quick enough to mask all his other deficiencies. I'm not putting him on the meat hook. He's a neat player and could be useful down the track but when others come back from injury he'll be shelved pretty quickly I would have thought.
    I am not so sure. I think Bevo sees him as playing a role and he is playing it pretty well. Maybe when Hunter comes back he may drop out, but I think its more likely that Bevo will drop someone else. I like what he brings. at the moment he seems to bob up in the right spots. With more games he will make more of the right decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cavarra is available, Wood and Jong are a test so may come in?
    I think Cavarra would be make a nice replacement for Lloyd but if he hasn't played in any of the scratch matches, he might be overlooked.

I'd go with Schache & Cavarra/Weightman for Naughton & Lloyd.

If Vandermeer is feeling the pinch, then Jong or Hayes could be options and would probably be more productive.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I’m on a bit of an island here but we’re gonna miss Lloyd more than we think. Him and Naughton are our two best pressure forwards and as impressive as West was last week he’s still unproven. Goes without saying but I don’t trust Dale to keep it up either.

Cavarra *can* do it but I really get the sense he doesn’t really like to. And I reckon Weightman is one teenage body too many. Bit of a conundrum.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I feel like I’m on a bit of an island here but we’re gonna miss Lloyd more than we think. Him and Naughton are our two best pressure forwards and as impressive as West was last week he’s still unproven. Goes without saying but I don’t trust Dale to keep it up either.

Cavarra *can* do it but I really get the sense he doesn’t really like to. And I reckon Weightman is one teenage body too many. Bit of a conundrum.
    Still sad that we missed on Kozzie Pickett. He's an absolute menace in the forward 50.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Still sad that we missed on Kozzie Pickett. He's an absolute menace in the forward 50.
    We've gotta stop snitching on ourselves before the draft. Has cost us a few times.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I now what you mean. I am expecting the unexpected this week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This point just about confirms that Weightman will play. Bevo certainly won't be put off by having an extra teenager in the side.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

"lol" yes - and he has shown that plenty of times last year in the VFL.
    Player interviews all say he brings pace to the side - his teammates are all wrong?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    This point just about confirms that Weightman will play. Bevo certainly won't be put off by having an extra teenager in the side.
    If Wood is ready, I assume he comes in for Butler so it would be one kid for another.
    Wally becomes our virtual forwardline on field coach. It would be tough as Lloyd runs good patterns, as you have to in the HF graveyard.

Post Thanks / Like

"lol" yes - and he has shown that plenty of times last year in the VFL.
    Player interviews all say he brings pace to the side - his teammates are all wrong?
    He's s not quick enough to hold his place in the team based on our need for that. Sure he's pacy and make us quicker but I have a number of players in front of him in this department including Jong, Lynch and two or three players currently playing.

Anyway, my point is he's not super quick and while he brings a bit of pace to the team I think he needs to bring something more than he currently does to hold his place.

Post Thanks / Like

He's s not quick enough to hold his place in the team based on our need for that. Sure he's pacy and make us quicker but I have a number of players in front of him in this department including Jong, Lynch and two or three players currently playing.

Anyway, my point is he's not super quick and while he brings a bit of pace to the team I think he needs to bring something more than he currently does to hold his place.
    He's not setting the world on fire but surely it's enough to see he is worth persisting with, all things considered. No doubt he'll be given a rest at some point/others will earn a spot, but he's been playing as a half forward - not an easy spot for a kid to come in and play, particularly the way the game's played. He's won some solid one on ones (v Rampe, and one v Saints but can't remember who it was against) to suggest that he has some strength.

Post Thanks / Like

HF is a tough gig at AFL level - and I'd say if Jong wasn't injured he wouldn't be getting an opportunity anyway.
    I like his swagger. He's raw and not quite ready but all things considered he's doing ok.

I imagine it would have been line-ball between he and Weightman a couple of weeks ago, and they went with the guy who had the extra pre-season under his belt.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post