Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 2 v St Kilda 2020

1. Maybe in a short season where you have less chance to catch up with early losses, you need to go with what you know? Maybe limit the number of new/inexperienced players running around? Each loss hurts that little more this season cause we can’t catch up.
    2. Billy Gowers and Gardner must be remarkable trainers.
    3. Even without a crowd our guys wilt under the pressure when kicking at goal.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Vandameer showing the step up from Mooroopna Cats to Western Bulldogs isnt as great as it should be. I like him.

2. At least we only have 15 more games of that crap this season.

3. Two top 5 picks coming our way in the draft.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Smith deserves a significant payrise

2. Crozier has been an outstanding pick up for us

3. Other teams have 'worked us out'. The last team to focus so heavily on scoring chains from the back half were the Crows in 2017 and they've fallen in an absolute heap since then.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for scoring off the half back line, but can we at least try to stop the opposition from doing it at the same time?

Some of the goals they scored starting from deep in their defense were so easy, it was an embarrassment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

1. 2020 season is done, have lost all interest as it appears have most of the players, Bailey Smith the obvious outlier who just kept going when others could not be bothered.
    2. Obviously skills weren't a priority once training returned, should have had 5 or 6 on the board at quarter time which could have changed the mindset out on the ground.
    3. Selection decisions are simply taking the piss and maybe someone needs to challenge the coach on his pig headedness with some of his perceived favourites. Billy Gowers adds nothing at all and is not an AFL standard player. Unless the ball is handed to him on a platter he cannot find it himself and has no impact with or without the footy with zero defensive effort and a propensity to try and play the tough man but only succeeds in giving away silly free kicks and fifty metre penalties. Ryan Gardner is slow of mind and foot and is quite possibly the worst reader of a high ball I have ever seen evidenced by his pitiful effort which led to his direct opponent scoring the first goal of the game. If he is a better option than Trengove, Lewis Young or even Fletcher Roberts who couldn't even crack a list spot with us this year then I have no idea. Losing games at Thursday night selection means a long 15 weeks remain.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Harsh. I thought Bont tried pretty hard all night...what are you looking for?
    I agree. Things weren't coming off for Bont, but I feel like he was trying to do everything he could and more, sometimes to his own detriment - too much left to him while he has someone hanging off him.

He's had ordinary matches before - like WCE last year he just seemed like he's head was somewhere else in stages - but last night he is almost trying too hard. Ran more km's than anyone on the ground and still had 24 and 7 clearances. The problem was execution.

I think Libba (or Wal at times) in the middle clearing some space for him will help get that quality back in his game.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I agree. Things weren't coming off for Bont, but I feel like he was trying to do everything he could and more, sometimes to his own detriment - too much left to him while he has someone hanging off him.

He's had ordinary matches before - like WCE last year he just seemed like he's head was somewhere else in stages - but last night he is almost trying too hard. Ran more km's than anyone on the ground and still had 24 and 7 clearances. The problem was execution.

I think Libba (or Wal at times) in the middle clearing some space for him will help get that quality back in his game.
    Bont plays as though he is carrying the team. He is always competing against multiple opponents without any support. Every time he goes near the ball we expect another miracle. Unfortunately that distracts from seeing what the rest of the team is not doing.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post