Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  83
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo and our efforts

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe we need to do more like the 2016 year and rotate a number of players through the midfield

Bont
    Dunks
    Macrae
    Libba
    Mclean
    Smith
    Jong
    Daniel
    Good idea.

I saw a game where our opponent was a running team. They positioned a tall player in their back half of the centre square. He rarely move from there. They used him as a target when coming out of the backline. He gave it to a runner at full speed who kicked forward from about 65m. They killed us.

Tactics are important too.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Have we played Caleb in the midfield before ? His delivery into forward 50 would be a nice contrast to some of our current mids loopy efforts.
    I think he has. Give him the ball and he will find a target
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he has. Give him the ball and he will find a target
    Where exactly did Caleb play in 2016? He was a winger I think? i don't much like him on the backline, having said that he saved a few goals with his cool head when our defenders were in full-on panic mode.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamling wanted to go back to W.A
    I take everything onboard here, but that’s not true

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Where exactly did Caleb play in 2016? He was a winger I think? i don't much like him on the backline, having said that he saved a few goals with his cool head when our defenders were in full-on panic mode.
    I think once Duryea is back, Daniel has to move up the field to HFF. I think that is where he played in 2016
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He played largely forward of centre. I think given his running capability, which is why he is often caught on the last line (he is actually able to get back more often than some others) he would do really well on a wing and add some class forward of centre.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Hamling wanted to go back to W.A
    I take everything onboard here, but that’s not true
    Yeah he was inadvertently thrown in with the others due to the overhaul over the two years post premiership. But fact remains we lost a player we so desperately need right now for very little and he’s doing a great job at his new club

Post Thanks / Like

I see many glaring problems, but it’s nothing new since 2017...

A) a plan A game plan (whatever that is) with no plan B
    B) absolutely “scratch my head” match committee selections
    C) skill level of a VFL team
    D) overrated players
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    D) overrated players
    Champion data kiss of death. Think they rated Melbourne one or two after 2018 and they fixed them right up FWIW I think Melbourne have a good list. Petracca gone next level it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He played largely forward of centre. I think given his running capability, which is why he is often caught on the last line (he is actually able to get back more often than some others) he would do really well on a wing and add some class forward of centre.
    I agree he would be a much better option on the wing than say a Macrae in Hunter's absence. Once Hunter is back he plays a roving half forward role linking the transition from defence into the forward half. He is one of our best kicks and always seems to find space.

Post Thanks / Like

Fascinating solid thread. Great reading.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree he would be a much better option on the wing than say a Macrae in Hunter's absence. Once Hunter is back he plays a roving half forward role linking the transition from defence into the forward half. He is one of our best kicks and always seems to find space.
    Agreed, you also need some creativity in the forward line with the way we play. Think the kick to Bont in the dying seconds at the SCG, think about his hit to Dickson and his under and up assist in the second quarter of the elimination final against WCE in 2016......or his last minute goal in the third of the preliminary final in 2016.

If I could think of something really obvious to do, it would be moving Daniel up the ground. The rest of what I see, selection aside, doesn't irk me as much as this one point.

Post Thanks / Like

After watching Bevo’s 17 minute press interview tonight I am now convinced something is going on down there that they’re not talking about publicly.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    After watching Bevo’s 17 minute press interview tonight I am now convinced something is going on down there that they’re not talking about publicly.
    There always is something going on down there that they're not talking about. It's just whether we're winning or losing that makes a difference.

Not being a smartarse, it's just how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    17 minutes?? You are welcome to that!

Interviews I can do without. I am just so exhausted by all of the talk. Whatever they have to say will be SEEN tomorrow night.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.