Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'It's going to be a big one': Dogs plan to get physical against arch-rival

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have you listened to the actual interview? The written article especially the heading, is totally misleading
    I read this

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley noted the way both Collingwood and St Kilda approached playing his team since, with their suffocating pressure curbing the Dogs' high-octane ball movement.

However, Dunkley said they needed "to embrace that physical nature and push forward".

and this

"We've obviously had some history with the Giants, and 'Bevo' did mention that after the game," Dunkley told SEN radio on Tuesday.

"We've got to sharpen the tools and it's going to be a big one – and we will come out with an intent and (be) physically fierce against the opposition.

"Hopefully, that transforms into our footy and we play with some freedom and get a win."

Am I missing something else?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you listened to the actual interview? The written article especially the heading, is totally misleading
    No, I don't listen to SEN. However the following written quote from Dunks is the same redepmtion/cracking in message since the EF:

"We've obviously had some history with the Giants, and 'Bevo' did mention that after the game," Dunkley told SEN radio on Tuesday.

"We've got to sharpen the tools and it's going to be a big one – and we will come out with an intent and (be) physically fierce against the opposition"
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    No, I don't listen to SEN. However the following written quote from Dunks is the same redepmtion/cracking in message since the EF:

"We've got to sharpen the tools and it's going to be a big one – and we will come out with an intent and (be) physically fierce against the opposition"
    I don't listen to SEN, but I have left a link to the interview taken from the club site.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not interested in what they say (or how the media report), but I am very interested in what they actually do.

It is about time they played like that was the important part of it all.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

6. Likes bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't listen to SEN, but I have left a link to the interview taken from the club site.
    The Article posted on here is from AFL.com, the interview you posted is from an SEN interview
    Do we know for sure that the article on AFL.com is based on the SEN interview?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Article posted on here is from AFL.com, the interview you posted is from an SEN interview
    Do we know for sure that the article on AFL.com is based on the SEN interview?
    I am 100% sure

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't care less about what we say publicly. We'll know within 10 minutes on Friday if the players give actually give a crap about doing anything of note in 2020.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I couldn't care less about what we say publicly. We'll know within 10 minutes on Friday if the players give actually give a crap about doing anything of note in 2020.
    Ten minutes into the game Friday we looked OK, the next five minutes we'd have looked great if we had have kicked straight.

What I want to see is some willingness to neutralise the game if we're up against it, rather than shit the bed and exacerbate any problem we're facing at the time triggering a blow out.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ten minutes into the game Friday we looked OK, the next five minutes we'd have looked great if we had have kicked straight.

What I want to see is some willingness to neutralise the game if we're up against it, rather than shit the bed and exacerbate any problem we're facing at the time triggering a blow out.
    I want four quarters of consistency and effort

Post Thanks / Like

For real 3 games ago we got beat up pretty badly, but 5 games ago we beat them just as bad if not even worse. This is definitely not Mout Olympus we're talking about here.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    For real 3 games ago we got beat up pretty badly, but 5 games ago we beat them just as bad if not even worse. This is definitely not Mout Olympus we're talking about here.
    And they're not exactly flying themselves. We should be a huge chance at Marvel but I don't see us getting near them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm reading all this right I'll expect at least $50,000 in fines and may be 4 suspensions.
    If that doesn't happen it's all talk.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And they're not exactly flying themselves. We should be a huge chance at Marvel but I don't see us getting near them.
    I expect them to win by around 30 - 40 points and I think the stage will be set pretty early on. I hope I'm proved so wrong on this. I hate the Giants so much.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect a hard effort for a quarter and a half to a half. We’ll rue missed chances as usual and feel we should be a few goals up but will go into half time down a couple goals. They’ll then blow us away to win by around 7 goals.

I think part of our problem is we lack motivation if the crowd and atmosphere isn’t there. Last year we lost the dull games against the poorer sides. Now with no crowds the boys can’t get themselves motivated. Why that is I have no idea

Post Thanks / Like

I think the media will play it up as a redemption tale no matter what we say. I think we can beat them but really be great if we could just show intensity for the entire game, and take it on. Maybe the bad start is Bevo's cunning master plan so we come home with our sails wetted.