Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
Me too I applauded it.
What happened to the rising Sir Bont taking on North that day (Firrito?) when they tried to provoke him a couple of seasons ago. i remember thinking at the time wow, not only is this guy good he rises higher when targeted. Maybe losing some of the aforementioned guys has meant he doesn't feel like he has the backing any more. Not sure.

Just an small anecdote re Michael Firrito. A group of friends and I after a long day at the cricket spotted him at a bar, not only did he chat to us and spend time in our group he bought us drinks. Loved him ever since!
No, I don’t believe it. Must have been a lookalike.

Bont in that match was a kid with the world before him. I remember his smirk when he smothered a kick by Ferret-oh (that’s how you spell it isn’t it��). He was young, carefree. Now Bont is the guy the footy world has turned against, aware that so much is riding on his shoulders, perhaps even doubting his own immense ability, trying that hit too hard as he did last week. It’s a pattern we’ve all seen before. I desperately hope tonight is the night he turns it around.