Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba: the legacy

Roscoe would be stoked Brad Scott’s finally gone

2. Likes Roscoe_G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side love Ben Cunnington
    Gotta say he’s the last bloke you’d think would get some new feathers on the head

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of love for Libba on return

What a difference he made
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks jeemak, Remi Moses thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Roscoe would be stoked Brad Scott’s finally gone
    Yep ... though it was about 8 years overdue. He also had a "go" at David King in his last match I recall, which showed a distinct lack of class. David King was a great player and great Northener - one of my favourites.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrapped to see it was Libba who walked back with the ball under his arm at 3/4 time. I just knew he would eat the pressure of the situation and convert.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was wrapped to see it was Libba who walked back with the ball under his arm at 3/4 time. I just knew he would eat the pressure of the situation and convert.
    The only person I would trust in that situation to put it through carefully, most others would need to go back and revert to process. Libba knows his limitations and works within them.

I said in the threads before Friday's game that we need to use his kicking more. He can't be the enforcer or bit part possession getter in close that he has been when in and out of form due to injury, he at this stage of his career needs to use the footy as well as he can and as often as he can, and the only way that can happen is if we get the footy into his hands.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Libba to continue the legacy

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Another Libba to continue the legacy

Quite lovely, and I also liked that it was mentioned that Wally has also become a dad. The dynasties continue...Steve wallis and Tony Liberatore are now grandfathers. I saw them debut and now feel extremely old.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Quite lovely, and I also liked that it was mentioned that Wally has also become a dad. The dynasties continue...Steve wallis and Tony Liberatore are now grandfathers. I saw them debut and now feel extremely old.
    I've told this story before but when we drafted Callan Ward I saw a family shot and his mum looked familiar. I couldn't work out where I'd seen her before until I mentioned it to an old school friend and he said "Mate. That's Ramon Gunn's annoying baby sister"

Ramon Gunn was one of the kids in the same year level as I was in at high school. You know that your getting old when it's not your school mate's sons that are getting drafted (you feel old enough when that happens) but when their little sister's kids are getting drafted you feel extra old. Then when they get appointed captain of their club and get to 100 then 150 games you start to feel positively ancient!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite