Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  33
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We beat the Giants - Has anything "REALLY" changed?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And they played in games where the weather impact the playing surface and the footy and never got to play in a dome
    Players of today can covert the difficult angles better and tricky dribble goals but miss out in a big way on the basic meat and potatoes set shots.

I'm with ya TD, it can be improved. Just have a look at Rock the Casboult
    Exactly, they only got one ball to use from start to finish back in the day too.

Look, it's important to point out that I am exclusively talking about taking set shots for goal when I say players could be doing so much better. I'm amazed at the way some players can make the ball talk with dribble shots from the boundary and barrells from outside 50 on the run, that's something players of old couldn't do. But most of them could get the ball between the posts from 30-40 out 6 or 7 times out of 10.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Putting and Driving a freaking STATIONARY ball is nothing like having to kick a moving ball. Compare putting and driving to a place kick in the NFL or rugby league if you like - but NOT to kicking a footy in Australian footy. All the things we compare it too - free throw shooting, putting, field goal kicking, etc - feature a simple motor skill with a stationary ball. Kicking is a complex motor skill with a moving ball.
    Woah man it wasn't my analogy to begin with! Was just saying if I had to use golf as the analogy I'd say set shot goal kicking reminds me more of putting than it does hitting a ball with a driver.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Woah man it wasn't my analogy to begin with! Was just saying if I had to use golf as the analogy I'd say set shot goal kicking reminds me more of putting than it does hitting a ball with a driver.
    No, no. It's all your fault.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.