Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We beat the Giants - Has anything "REALLY" changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No one can be held to account to anything said in the gameday thread during the game.
    So true. I had Dale banished to the outer rim when he scuffed that left foot around the corner set shot and then stood there cursing. I've eased back to just never to play again, who knows by Wednesday where he will be!
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 22-06-2020 at 12:31 PM. Reason: cant computer

2. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While Trengove. Lewis Young, West, Weightman and Sweet cool their heels for reasons unknown, Llloyd and especially Dale are liabilities. Dale seems to play one good game in 12. A bit like the cricketer who has a dozen innngs under 10 then scores a "promising" 50 to be retained. Both should be dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Lol.

I thought Dale was ok too, but I'd like to see more from him.
    I didn’t love his game but had him ahead of Lloyd by a fair way. I’d be fine with him staying and Lloyd going out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    While Trengove. Lewis Young, West, Weightman and Sweet cool their heels for reasons unknown, Llloyd and especially Dale are liabilities. Dale seems to play one good game in 12. A bit like the cricketer who has a dozen innngs under 10 then scores a "promising" 50 to be retained. Both should be dropped.
    West has been injured I’m pretty sure. Think he’s close but probably not quite there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    West has been injured I’m pretty sure. Think he’s close but probably not quite there.
    Yeah, tough gig for a kid to come into the side after injury with no VFL games. The scratch matches may help a little bit.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is why I stay clear now of the game day thread. I check in at half time, but that is about all.
    As an aside, I think this is one great virtue of this site during isolation. Somehow watching the game alone, and checking in at the intervals feels like you are still with a few supporters, and sharing the experience.

Thanks to all who contribute to game day threads.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

8. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    As an aside, I think this is one great virtue of this site during isolation. Somehow watching the game alone, and checking in at the intervals feels like you are still with a few supporters, and sharing the experience.

Thanks to all who contribute to game day threads.
    I think the game day thread is also a perfect medium for a lot of us to vent. I’d be curious to know if the number of posts are typically higher during a poor performances than vs a good one. I should rephrase that - I’d like to know by how much it’s higher during a poor performance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is why I stay clear now of the game day thread. I check in at half time, but that is about all.
    I think the game day threads are pretty good, sure there are a couple that take a negative view but you're going to hear that at the actual game anyway.

I'd prefer for things to be a bit more positive but we can't have everyone towing the company line because that would become boring
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think the game day threads are pretty good, sure there are a couple that take a negative view but you're going to hear that at the actual game anyway.

I'd prefer for things to be a bit more positive but we can't have everyone towing the company line because that would become boring
    And let's be fair, we've had more bad moments than good on field the last 3 years.

I love the GD threads, nothing better than blasting off amongst like-minded peers and I take back nothing I say in the heat of the moment
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I didn’t love his game but had him ahead of Lloyd by a fair way. I’d be fine with him staying and Lloyd going out.
    I agree. Dale has significant upside. You don't kick 20 in 5 games unless you do. Also around the ground as a link up player he is pretty effective when he gets his hands on the footy.

The shot for goal was awful and he will no doubt have had to live through that replay about 100 times.....can you imagine the team feedback session and stick he will get. If you are going to make a call that 2 of Suckers, Lloyd or Dale much go, the I would plump for Dale to stay - more upside.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And let's be fair, we've had more bad moments than good on field the last 3 years.

I love the GD threads, nothing better than blasting off amongst like-minded peers and I take back nothing I say in the heat of the moment
    I don't visit the game day thread during the game (call me crazy but I'm usually watching the game!!!) but I do take some enjoyment in reading over it afterwards if we have a game where we start poorly and then get our act together and win.....lots of toys out of the cot that need to put back in!!

16. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't visit the game day thread during the game (call me crazy but I'm usually watching the game!!!) but I do take some enjoyment in reading over it afterwards if we have a game where we start poorly and then get our act together and win.....lots of toys out of the cot that need to put back in!!
    Haha, guilty as charged.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm front of that line

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the Positive Thread?