Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thankyou for posting the link to the article, it is a great analysis of how the broadcasters show us the game. Channel Seven is more annoying than Fox, especially when a player is injured. Seven doesn't use the picture in picture, but prefers to show in the whole screen the injured player. Meanwhile the game goes on.
    I think I've whinged on here before about missing play with stupid shots on injured players or coaches box.
    I don't go to games because I only want to see the Dogs games and from were I live it's a pain to attend when they are up here.
    The few times I have been I get pissed off with people leaving there seat early to beat the crowd at the loo or the food and drink counter because they obscure my view of the game standing in front of me.
    I'm becoming a very grumpy old man.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    There is so much scope through technology to revolutionise the broadcast. Picture in picture can be a little annoying, but what about the down the ground screen on a device? Or the ability to switch between down the ground/aerial/other angles.

It would allow you to glance at positioning and moves on your tablet/phone, whilst following the play via the normal broadcast angle on your tv (not unlike watching it live and glancing at the big screen for the odd closeup etc).
    How about a device in the ball that can be automatically tracked be a drone above and behind the ball following it as it moves.
    Almost from a players perspective.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    How about a device in the ball that can be automatically tracked be a drone above and behind the ball following it as it moves.
    Almost from a players perspective.
    That’s a cool idea, but they’d have to change drone rules (can’t fly over people). Drones are prone to falling out of the sky.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints forward line wide open once again. Every time it goes inside 50 they look like scoring.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Long just hip n shouldered Freos ruckman that knocked him on his back for a few minutes. Nothing overly malicious in the bump, it was careless but judging by Croziers suspension he should get at least 8 weeks! Or perhaps a $500 fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Is there a reason we can't try to turn Lewis Young into Darcy Moore?

I mean apart from the fact Gardner's presently ahead of him on the depth chart.
    Not a fan of Moore , over rated IMO . Essendon had one forward who is overweight has no tank and he beat him with ease.
    Also had Roughead down there to help out and still didn’t stop him.
    Wood, Crozier and even Keath are better.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Long just hip n shouldered Freos ruckman that knocked him on his back for a few minutes. Nothing overly malicious in the bump, it was careless but judging by Croziers suspension he should get at least 8 weeks! Or perhaps a $500 fine.
    He will be suspended and I expect 2 weeks.

It was careless, rather than intentional but high impact.

However Long was just putting his body in to protect his own position to go for the ball. I don't think he even meant to bump Darcy. 20 years ago Long would have been lauded for his attack on the ball.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Massive turnaround by Freo but let St.Kilda off the hook with some bad missed set shots.

2 down on the bench so may regret that.

Post Thanks / Like

Man this is a fun game to watch. Freo have been killing it. Should be at least 3 goals up.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Freo vs Saints is a perfect reminder of why we need to be on our game vs Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Always pleasurable to see Moorabbin lose in such circumstances.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    I thought Freo was going to throw it away, but somehow worked harder in those last two minutes. Saints stopped after being 36 in front - no mental toughness
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Especially after the inevitable getting ahead of themselves

15. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Freo was going to throw it away, but somehow worked harder in those last two minutes. Saints stopped after being 36 in front - no mental toughness
    Freo also two down (Darcy and Young) for most of the game. Mammoth effort by them.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    He will be suspended and I expect 2 weeks.

It was careless, rather than intentional but high impact.

However Long was just putting his body in to protect his own position to go for the ball. I don't think he even meant to bump Darcy. 20 years ago Long would have been lauded for his attack on the ball.
    I think that is mimimum three maybe four weeks. Triggered Troy Simmonds PTSD. I've been next to a ruckman that copped the exact same, game stopped, ambulance called its an incredibly cowardly act.