Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Narrative for this Friday night's wrap up.

"Man plays in defence, instead of forward! Cats now chasing dogs."
    In Soviet Russia, ball kicks you!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Watching the Hawks low energy short kicking rubbish is enough to drain the fun out of your Friday night.

Take the game on you boring flogs.
    They are an incredibly dull team to watch
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Patton has all the manoeuvrability of a German Tiger tank, without the killing power. Dud.
    Panzer division would kick more goals.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Interested to see the emergence of Darcy Fort.

He is the exact example of why big blokes take time. While he is never going to be a top ruckman he competes.

Remember him at Footscray, where he never looked like ever getting to where he is now. Well done to him for perservering on his journey.
    The old axiom of big blokes taking time is a true one. Apart from the odd freak like Tim English you'd want them to mature in the VFL before you drafted them and just hope to time it right.

Weekly comment - Bruce is a disgusting and perverted sycophant. The fawning over some players is enough to make you want to vomit.
    He's obsession with players legs is just plain weird now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The media are so soft on Clarkson
    Yeah we know he’s got some flags , but they’re the oldest list in the comp ,and they’re bang ordinary.
    The way they’ve recruited they should be think they’re top 4 !
    He’s started complaining about the breaks and the travel ! Breaking news , every sides got the same issues !
    Complains about the crap style of the game , in which his side’s a main offender

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The old axiom of big blokes taking time is a true one. Apart from the odd freak like Tim English you'd want them to mature in the VFL before you drafted them and just hope to time it right.

He's obsession with players legs is just plain weird now.
    Bruce is beyond creepy
    I’m expecting a Netflix series on his creepiness

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bruce is beyond creepy
    I’m expecting a Netflix series on his creepiness
    People still don't see it, it's *!*!*!*!ed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly apparently has a wrist injury, according to the commentary team. Should take his mind off his clearly dislocated elbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That was Kelly, wasn't it? Either way, youch that looked bad.
    One Collingwood bogan's son mixed up with another's.

Already changed.
    Even after the game the team were saying they thought it was a wrist injury because of the way his wrist was facing.....dickheads, do you expect a wrist to face the same way when an elbow dislocation twists the arm around?

Aside from it being completely visually obvious, I've had my elbow dislocated, and how it looks entirely depends on what you do with your upper arm. It's hard to intellectualise it at first, but once you feel the pain and see it you know. Mine went inside from an outside contest/impact, so looking down my arm instead of it turning inwards it presented outwards, with the Humerus and Ulna being hit towards my body meaning my hand was in an unusual spot. It was an easy choice then and there to knock it straight back in by bending my hand back towards my body.

Kelly's looked to push the Humerus and Ulna at the joint out and away from the body. Very very hard to put back in straight away because it kind of looks like something that should be OK but isn't.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Is there a reason we can't try to turn Lewis Young into Darcy Moore?

I mean apart from the fact Gardner's presently ahead of him on the depth chart.
    We certainly could but Young just isn't progressing like he should be
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Watching the Hawks low energy short kicking rubbish is enough to drain the fun out of your Friday night.

Take the game on you boring flogs.
    And their coach is the one the AFL is taking advice from as to how to fix the game. Idiots.

Geez Hawthorn were bad. Showed no intent to move the ball, and to be fair to them have nothing to go to anyway.

As an aside I found this article really interesting. It wouldnt have saved last night but it might have improved aspects of the viewing experience.

I went to the game fwiw, never thought I'd be going to more games this year than all my family in VIC combined, and certainly didn't expect the neutral games to only feature sides from Victoria.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for posting the link to the article, it is a great analysis of how the broadcasters show us the game. Channel Seven is more annoying than Fox, especially when a player is injured. Seven doesn't use the picture in picture, but prefers to show in the whole screen the injured player. Meanwhile the game goes on.

The broadcasters need to rethink the whole viewing experience, as well as the commentary so that viewers know what is going on at the ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    And their coach is the one the AFL is taking advice from as to how to fix the game. Idiots.

As an aside I found this article really interesting. It wouldnt have saved last night but it might have improved aspects of the viewing experience.
    Yes, many thanks for sharing the link to this fine article.

Unfortunately for those viewers that are invested in the tactics being deployed, or trying to be, are left a long way short by the broadcasters. Aside from the challenges for the broadcaster in striking the optimal balance between it’s use of close up vision, and the wider angles that display what’s being set-up, I’m as equally if not more frustrated by the choice and direction of the broadcasters commentary team which has not kept pace with the tactical changes that have been rampant over recent decades, if anything the commentators have regressed to be little more than sycophantic cheerleaders, incapable of informing its audience the intention of each play.

Personally I would prefer there be less big name ex stars of the game sitting in commentary, and more investment in astute ex or potential tacticians to provide in game commentary. In short, why can’t the broadcaster err on informing rather than molest its viewers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thankyou for posting the link to the article, it is a great analysis of how the broadcasters show us the game. Channel Seven is more annoying than Fox, especially when a player is injured. Seven doesn't use the picture in picture, but prefers to show in the whole screen the injured player. Meanwhile the game goes on.

The broadcasters need to rethink the whole viewing experience, as well as the commentary so that viewers know what is going on at the ground.
    This is the reason I really miss being at the game.

When you are present you get a better view of the whole picture and see options that players have (some the players don't even see).

It is still difficult to see enough and the TV replay then allows me to see the closer detail that I can't always decipher from the stands.

Our game would really be suited to a replay that shows an entirely different aspect than the original broadcast.

I would really enjoy seeing the camera angles that are missed at the live broadcast in replay, but with some intelligent commentary.

DISCLAIMER
    Intelligent Commentary might just be an oxymoron in the realm of

Military Intelligence
    Political Integrity.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    This is the reason I really miss being at the game.

When you are present you get a better view of the whole picture and see options that players have (some the players don't even see).

It is still difficult to see enough and the TV replay then allows me to see the closer detail that I can't always decipher from the stands.

Our game would really be suited to a replay that shows an entirely different aspect than the original broadcast.

I would really enjoy seeing the camera angles that are missed at the live broadcast in replay, but with some intelligent commentary.

DISCLAIMER
    Intelligent Commentary might just be an oxymoron in the realm of

Military Intelligence
    Political Integrity.
    There is so much scope through technology to revolutionise the broadcast. Picture in picture can be a little annoying, but what about the down the ground screen on a device? Or the ability to switch between down the ground/aerial/other angles.

It would allow you to glance at positioning and moves on your tablet/phone, whilst following the play via the normal broadcast angle on your tv (not unlike watching it live and glancing at the big screen for the odd closeup etc).