Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  90
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Carlton R6 2020

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    Last edited by Eastdog; 03-07-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R6 2020

Bump

For all pre game as well game day/post game day discussion. Our first game in the hubs. Any Gold Coast based woofers trying to go?

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...t-five-carlton

The last five: Carlton
    A look at the last five encounters between the Western Bulldogs and Carlton.

The Western Bulldogs will look to continue a strong recent record against Carlton when the two teams clash at Metricon Stadium this Sunday evening.

The Dogs have won six of their last seven games against the Blues, dating back to 2015.

This weekend’s game on the Gold Coast is the second time the teams have played outside of Victoria, after Marrara Stadium in Darwin hosted the clubs in 2005.

Here’s a look at the last five encounters between the two sides.

2019 – Round 13 (Bulldogs 103 defeated Blues 100)
    A game of wildly fluctuating momentum swings ended up finishing as the closest game between the teams since 2002. The Dogs led by 27 points nearing half time, but had surrendered that advantage 30 minutes later. The game looked over when the Bulldogs surged again to stretch to a 34-point lead, but the Blues rattled home with five straight majors to give every red, white and blue supporter at Marvel Stadium a tremendous fright. Thankfully, the Dogs hung on, just.

2019 – Round 5 (Blues 101 defeated Bulldogs 57)
    Earlier that season, the Dogs suffered a disappointing 44-point loss to the Blues, on the back of seven goals combined from Harry McKay and Levi Casboult. It was the first win for Carlton in its first five outings of 2019. They won every quarter that afternoon on their way to their biggest win over the Bulldogs since 2001.

2018 – Round 22 (Bulldogs 66 defeated Blues 49)
    In a low-scoring encounter, the Bulldogs pulled away late in the contest after the result was in the balance early in the last term. The Blues led by two points at the six-minute mark of the final stanza, before consecutive majors to Fergus Greene, Josh Schache, Lin Jong and Jason Johannisen secured the four points.

2018 – Round 6 (Bulldogs 80 defeated Carlton 59)
    Desperate for a victory after just one win in the first five starts of the 2018 campaign, the Dogs were rarely troubled in this contest. After an even start, the Bulldogs led by 23 points at half time and the Blues couldn’t get closer than 13 points from there, as Marcus Bontempelli (30 disposals) and Pat Lipinski (three goals) starred.

2017 – Round 17 (Bulldogs 82 defeated Blues 62)
    The Dogs and Blues have only played one in their last 14 games at the MCG, and on this day late in the 2017 season, the tri-colours scored a comfortable 20-point win. The damage was done in the second quarter, when the Bulldogs booted five goals to one. For the second-straight time against the same opposition, Marcus Bontempelli scored the three Brownlow votes for his 30 possession, two-goal performance.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go early

Dogs by 16 points
    BOG: Tim English....I know he is becoming 'hyped' but I think this week is a real opportunity for English to dominate the game around the ground. Pittonet has had some good efforts, but I think Marshall showed him up last week by getting plenty of ball around the ground, and Casboult struggles as a back up.
    1st Goal: Bailey Dale another fast start.

Post Thanks / Like

Doggies by 29 points
    BOG: The Bont
    1st Goal: Brucey

Post Thanks / Like

Just a win thanks
    BOG Daniel
    1st goal Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just a win thanks
    BOG Daniel
    1st goal Bruce
    Yeah, not often we've won 4 in a row under Bevo. 3 wins seems to be the threshold for us so I'm happy to just crawl over the line. No injuries would also be nice.

Dogs by 7
    BOG: Bont
    1st Goal: Wallis
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, not often we've won 4 in a row under Bevo. 3 wins seems to be the threshold for us so I'm happy to just crawl over the line. No injuries would also be nice.

Dogs by 7
    BOG: Bont
    1st Goal: Wallis
    There was this one time we did.

Given we've got a 5 day break after this game and then possible another 4 games in 20 odd days we really need to get through this game unscathed. Happy to mix it up a little to give guys a rest, but we can't keep losing players to forced injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Doggies by 28 points
    BOG: The Bont
    1st Goal: Schache

Very confident about this game irrespective of who is in our side. Impressive last 3 weeks. Big game for Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to this game. Dogs by 23 points

Carlton could be a handful for us but we should kick away from them in the 2nd half
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 13
    First Goal: Bont
    BOG: Macrae after destroying Cripps
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The 22's starting to resemble a patchwork quilt but we surely still have enough class to prevail here.

If our mids keep the heat on and our backs mobilise as smartly as they have been it's a 4+ goal win.

Yeah, we can't let Cripps do as he pleases but someone also needs to keep Docherty honest.

Be nice to see Juicy back it up with another little haul too.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    There was this one time we did.

Given we've got a 5 day break after this game and then possible another 4 games in 20 odd days we really need to get through this game unscathed. Happy to mix it up a little to give guys a rest, but we can't keep losing players to forced injuries.
    Have we won 4 in row since that epic month?

I will admit to some trepidation as we haven't been good at maintaining form and especially ordinary when we are clear favourites.

I just want the win.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The 22's starting to resemble a patchwork quilt but we surely still have enough class to prevail here.
    All depends on the level of attack around the ball and our appetite for being defensive

Carlton have been good at times this year but not always put 4 quarters together

Id hope we would look to assert ourselves from the start