Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R6 2020

Another Sunday night shit show from our club
    Seems we save our worst for Carlton
    Didn’t adjust to the conditions early . Played like we were under the lid
    Second to the ball as well , and gave them the corridor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    When we aren't as interested as we need to be we can be a very poor team to watch

Hard to know how we can turn this around

18 points down at 3 quarter time turns into a 52 point loss.
    This is the reality - when we aren't 110% committed, we get humiliated. Good sides can be 10% off yet still grind out wins or at least still be competitive through fundamentals and structure.

When we're slightly off we look bottom 4. Truth is no side can play at 110% every week, you need structure/fundamentals to guide you through games like that.

I have huge question marks over our list.

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the ABC and heard 75% of the 2nd half. There were quite a few players whose names were scarcely mentioned - Bont, Bruce, JJ, Cordy, Dale, Libber, Schache, Williams.
    And if we look back to the last time Carlton gave us a belting we see the same names cropping up - McKay, Petrevski-Seaton.
    Shockingly disappointing after 3 good weeks.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    12 more inside 50s and you lose by 52 points. They knew they could get us out the back. Did you hear Eddie after the game? Bevo always sets us up so we are vulnerable to the counter.
    This is what annoys me with the rigidity of "systems". We could all see it yet nothing was done about it, or possibly, even more concerning could be done about it.

Post Thanks / Like

This has nothing to do with hubs, wags , kids whatever !
    One team wanted to get their hands dirty the other was us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    This is what annoys me with the rigidity of "systems". We could all see it yet nothing was done about it, or possibly, even more concerning could be done about it.
    Something we need to address
    Urgently

Post Thanks / Like

In an even, low scoring season. That was like two losses.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure the lack of performance and outside influence of the likes of Dahlhaus , stringer and some others can be put at the feet of Beveridge. Add that to retirements , injuries . I think the club didn’t handle the success as well as they could have , but some players brought that on themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or was this very predictable based on how we looked in the first 15 minutes or so? The way we lose, it's very routine how it plays out. Once that wheel starts turning, there's no way back.

11. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought our desire and commitment were there for three quarters. General play was even for the first three terms. We dominated parts of the second and third for zero reward. As we got frustrated and got more desperate to chase their score they exposed us out the back too many times. Cheap coast to coast goals after we have repeated attacks. It destroys your spirit and grit.

In the final quarter after Vand missed that goal and they immediately scored we dropped our heads and were disgraceful. But for the majority of the game I thought we had our head in the game. Just played dumb football.

The loss of harder more mature bodies like Dunkley, Jong and Crozier really hurt you on a night like that.

13. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love Vanda and Smith.

I think 3-3 is a good reflection of where we are at.

Post Thanks / Like

That was horrendous. I mean think about it for a second. This season has seen record low scores almost each and every game. Yet we have allowed 103 points in the wet to a team that struggles offensively. That was a disgusting display of effort and intensity. I’ll put my hand up and admit this team tricked me the last few weeks and I got ahead of myself and overrated the list. I’m sick of being a young side. Shit we’ve been young for nearly 10 years now. We’ve got too many slow plodders and too many unskilled “footballers”. And how we continue to be murdered on the counter is beyond me. That’s 4 games where either Bevo is incapable of rallying the troops to pull their heads in and concentrate or the coaches don’t know how to adjust mid game. It was the same old story for 4 quarters and nothing changed. We’re a long way off it to be honest.

16. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Honestly think our approach to the hub has been all wrong.
    How so?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ulldogs-streak

ROUND 6 REPORT: Blues halt Bulldogs’ streak
    The Bulldogs have fallen to Carlton by 52-points on Sunday night at Metricon Stadium.

The Western Bulldogs’ recent winning run was halted at the hands of Carlton on Sunday night.

After three straight wins, the Bulldogs started their Gold Coast hub adventure with a disappointing loss at Metricon Stadium.

The game was in the balance early in the final term, before the Blues blew the margin out to 52 points with the last six goals of the match.

The loss leaves the Bulldogs with three wins and three losses from the first six games of the season, and they have a short turnaround before facing Essendon at the same venue this Friday night.

Bailey Smith was impressive in a losing cause, with 26 disposals, six tackles and a goal.

Lachie Hunter could also hold his head high in his first game back from a four-match suspension. He was the game’s leading disposal winner with 27.

Laitham Vandermeer was the Bulldogs’ most productive forward, kicking two majors from four scoring shots, while collecting 14 possessions.

It was a high-scoring, high-pressure pressure contest in greasy conditions, and Carlton’s forward 50 pressure led to some early scores. By quarter time, the margin was already 19 points.

The Bulldogs lifted in the second and third quarters, dominating the inside 50s, but failing to convert their opportunities.

By the final change, for all their hard work, the Dogs were still 18 points in arrears.

They started the final quarter brightly but couldn’t capitalise on their territory advantage, and when Jack Martin booted his second goal from the Blues’ first inside 50 of the term, it started an avalanche of goals.

CARLTON 5.2 8.5 10.6 16.7 (103)
    WESTERN BULLDOGS 2.1 5.2 7.6 7.9 (51)

GOALS
    Carlton: Betts 4, McKay 3, McGovern 2, Gibbons 2, Martin 2, E.Curnow, Newnes, Casboult
    Western Bulldogs: Vandermeer 2, Bontempelli, Dale, Lipinski, Smith, Wallis

BEST
    Carlton: Setterfield, McKay, Kennedy, Curnow, Martin, Gibbons, Petrevski-Seton
    Western Bulldogs: Smith, Liberatore, Hunter, Macrae, English, Bontempelli

INJURIES
    Carlton: Cripps (shoulder), Murphy (ankle)
    Western Bulldogs: Nil
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The loss of harder more mature bodies like Dunkley, Jong and Crozier really hurt you on a night like that.
    Our inexperience really showed up. We had 53 inside 50s to 41 but Dale, Wallis, Schache, Bruce hardly touched the ball. Mind you the delivery was ordinary as well. Smith only 7 touches in the second half, Mclean was not clean enough with his disposals. The midfield was generally on top, but their run out of the backline killed us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.