Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 4, 2020, vs Sydney Swans

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hey Mof, that was a channel 7 broadcast.
    They both have no idea at the moment. That sky cam Fox are running is trash.

I need to go to the footy ASAP.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

I have missed going to the footy. Normally watch all the interstate games at home but go to mostly all the Victorian games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I hate the sky cam as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

An example of how poor it is was Macraes soccer goal. Camera was so zoomed in we had no idea what/who was coming to the dead ball. Fortunately Macrae was first to it but if they just planned out a bit we could have seen it coming

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Tim English, his work and agility around the ground was excellent.
    Vandermeer and West, they both look suited to AFL already.
    Jack Macrae, unassuming, flies under the radar somewhat but is very good every week.

Anchors
    Naughton's injury. When this bloke is fit and back on the park he will be hard to stop at FF.
    Josh Bruce, looks overweight and unfit.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Bont - obviously. Set the tone. Everything he did was impactful.
    Cordy - Felt confident everytime he was in the area that we would win it or half it.
    Dale - Stayed involved all night. He will have better and worse games on the stats sheet - but that should be his benchmark for staying involved and competing.

Anchors:

Bruce just seems way off. I held off in the first couple of weeks as a new team can take some adjustment, particularly for a forward, but we need so much more from him if Naughton is out for a while. Looks too heavy.

I thought our small/mid sized defenders were a little down. Sydney's poor kicking in the third quarter prevented them from being closer, but our smalls seemed to lose their way.

The injuries are less than ideal. We saw in the first 20-30 mins how destructive Naughton can be. And Lloyd had a better start this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers - Bont’s Game . Set the scene in the first half
    I thought English was brilliant
    Effort and intensity are back
    Anchors - Josh Bruce , needs to put a pair of ASICS on and do some laps . Or get in the sauna
    Brian Taylor naming a player who’d retired in the early 2000’s . The Llloooooyd call is nauseating to put it mildly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bankers - Bont’s Game . Set the scene in the first half
    I thought English was brilliant
    Effort and intensity are back
    Anchors - Josh Bruce , needs to put a pair of ASICS on and do some laps . Or get in the sauna
    Brian Taylor naming a player who’d retired in the early 2000’s . The Llloooooyd call is nauseating to put it mildly
    I liked it. My son and I were saying all night for a laugh
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

My Bankers
    1. The team
    2. The recruiters
    3. The club.
    It’s been a while since I felt we have our stuff together

Bankers
    1. Injuries, but it’s feeling just like 2016 again
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

10. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    1. Dale- Finally did some of the hard stuff! Really happy with what i saw from him tonight.
    2. Smith- What a star this kid is. Never seen a kid in the system such a short time with so much power. What a find!
    3. Bont- Nice to get a reminder of how big of a star he is. Kicking for goal has improved!

Anchors
    1. Fox footy- the love shown to the bont was over the top. Even a bulldogs supporter thought it was too much. There were other contributors guys.
    2. Injury to Naughton- not fussed with Lloyd as that opens the door for Dickson but Aaron was starting to find some form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    1. Fox footy- the love shown to the bont was over the top. Even a bulldogs supporter thought it was too much. .
    Channel 7 Production not Fox Footy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the recruiters. English, Naughton and Bailey Smith in 3 consecutive drafts is a phenomenal result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    My Bankers
    1. The team
    2. The recruiters
    3. The club.
    It’s been a while since I felt we have our stuff together

Bankers
    1. Injuries, but it’s feeling just like 2016 again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So if we are to believe Bevo has rewarded players coming back from breaks fit, can someone explain Bruce’s selection?
    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That’s a good question. Schache must have come back like a beach ball if Bruce is considered in more pickable shape.
    You don't drop an established key forward who has come to the club on reasonable money and terms after a few unproductive games, particularly in a global pandemic when the competition is full of stupid things happening day to day, and after that two of the games he's played in have been plagued with shit forward movement. You just don't.

He improved this week, and while last week wasn't great it wasn't nearly as bad as some have made it out to be. If he hits the scoreboard which he has already had clear chances to do, things will turn around for him.

Just like Tom Lynch last year, the overreaction to the start of this year for our team, we need to just take a breath on this. He'll be fine, he's good enough, he'll trim down, and we'll benefit from having him in the team. Games played make a huge difference.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You don't drop an established key forward who has come to the club on reasonable money and terms after a few unproductive games, particularly in a global pandemic when the competition is full of stupid things happening day to day, and after that two of the games he's played in have been plagued with shit forward movement. You just don't.

He improved this week, and while last week wasn't great it wasn't nearly as bad as some have made it out to be. If he hits the scoreboard which he has already had clear chances to do, things will turn around for him.

Just like Tom Lynch last year, the overreaction to the start of this year for our team, we need to just take a breath on this. He'll be fine, he's good enough, he'll trim down, and we'll benefit from having him in the team. Games played make a huge difference.
    The point being made wasn't about dropping him for poor performance, it was questioning why was he chosen in the first place when there has been loud whispers our post-break selection criteria was partly based on the physical shape players came back from quarantine in.

I get that game time will help him trim down, and dropping him won't help given the lack of VFL.

But if Schache kept himself in good nick over the break, you couldn't blame him for being a bit aggrieved seeing Bruce blobbing around our forward line.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I know this cannot possibly be correct so feel free to correct me:

After the first four games with the Bulldogs Bruce is yet to kick the ball a dozen times (for 2 goals).

If it is correct, please complete the following:

The last full forward to do this was .......

(in the first 4 games with Richmond last year Lynch kicked the ball 30 times for 15 goals)