Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 4, 2020, vs Sydney Swans

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Was that the one? I thought the one where Vanda hit the post was from a pass from some good work from English?
    Ah yes you might be right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    When Bont slammed through a set shot from 50, I thought 'the stars have aligned tonight'.
    100% agree with this. It was a pure captains goal. I sat and said that’s what Josh Kennedy has done gif a decade for the swans and he would have been watching first hand the change of the guard in the AFL
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont's mark definitely the most courageous and the 50m goal was the moment I thought we have this, but the moment for me that we were on was Naughton's intercept mark and goal assist. Seconds later I was like WTF just happened to Naughton.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    The Bont's mark definitely the most courageous and the 50m goal was the moment I thought we have this, but the moment for me that we were on was Naughton's intercept mark and goal assist. Seconds later I was like WTF just happened to Naughton.
    Agree, this for me was the moment we stamped our authority on the contest. Bont's mark was a close second.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It was.... and it actually counted with points... but the collision with Heeney to me just said 'yep, know it's a milestone... but... it ain't happening....'
    I've actually been looking at Bont and thinking he's not been doing enough in the gym because unless he's in motion and because he's such a big guy who's still relatively young, he doesn't look that physically imposing.

Then you see him brace for a mark like that, or in motion getting a contested ball and you realise he's a complete beast. And he's only going to get bigger and bigger throughout the next five years, and even stronger and smarter.

I can't wait. He's just going to dominate in a way player rarely does.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes soupman, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rhylee West mark and goal was a moment for me. He maneuvered his opponent out of the marking contest which was a decent sign of his strength and timing and kicked a goal that never really looked like missing
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Rhylee West mark and goal was a moment for me. He maneuvered his opponent out of the marking contest which was a decent sign of his strength and timing and kicked a goal that never really looked like missing
    I was equally surprised at how poor their “elite” defenders were one on one. Was the West mark the one on Rampe?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I was equally surprised at how poor their “elite” defenders were one on one. Was the West mark the one on Rampe?
    Nah West was on Lloyd and Vandermeer on Rampe.

I liked Bruce walking past Lloyd after the West mark and whispering some sweet nothings in his ear. He gets heaps of the ball but isn't particularly damaging, and can't defend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Nah West was on Lloyd and Vandermeer on Rampe.

I liked Bruce walking past Lloyd after the West mark and whispering some sweet nothings in his ear. He gets heaps of the ball but isn't particularly damaging, and can't defend.
    But its Looooyyyyyddddddd
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was Bontempelli's second quarter and in particular his contested marking and the free kick he got in the one on one marking dual where he kicked the goal on the 50.

Bontempelli isn't known for his marking, let alone running back with the flight of the ball or taking a pack mark inside our forward 50.

If he can add that to his game he seriously becomes one of the most damaging players going around.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bont's long goal was obviously the big one, but another key moment was when Bailey Williams took a gutsy mark in traffic down back, then pulled the trigger on a really attacking kick into the middle, which set us up for a goal.

Can't remember who kicked the goal (anyone?), but it was a really impressive chain set up by Williams, who looks better with every game.
    If it helps the goals went in order of Dale, Naughton, Lloyd, Vandermeer, Bont, Bont, Bruce, West, Macrae, English. (I might have Macrae and English around the wrong way but I don't think so) I have an obsessive habit of keeping the goalkicking order in my head.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.