Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R7 2020

Carlton form last week suddenly not looking quite as poor
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

What a finish. Robbie Gray nails a tough shot after the siren for Port to snatch the win.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible game. As soon as I saw it was Gray I knew it was over.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing goal from Gray. But what a stuff up before in the goal square

Post Thanks / Like

Game of the year so far. Carlton are quite enjoyable to watch when they aren't playing us.

Post Thanks / Like

Port did so much to avoid winning and then Robbie Gray kicks the almost impossible after the siren.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Watched last quarter and a half. Damn good game. Admire the Blues this year. And what a goal by Robbie Gray. One of my fave other team players. Pure class. His longevity and reliability right up there you’d think. Shot of them all the port players streaming towards him after goal was fantastic too.

Did anyone see Papley jump over head of tall teammate after teammate kicked lovely goal I think in last quarter yesterday? Suns are an exciting team and the bits of that match I saw looked high quality too.

Post Thanks / Like

Port botched numerous easy attempts, so it was fitting they kicked the most difficult to steal the game.

Carlton are doing a lot right and basing their game around good kicking & aerial dominance.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Riddle me this. Port had 10x more space in their 50 right at the death than we did in our entire game vs carlton last week. Was that due to port doing something different or carlton being a bit lazier?

Post Thanks / Like

Footscray premiership player Mitch Hannan with Melbourne's 1st goal.

Both sides looking very average
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Riddle me this. Port had 10x more space in their 50 right at the death than we did in our entire game vs carlton last week. Was that due to port doing something different or carlton being a bit lazier?
    Carlton simply **** the bed at the end as the pressure mounted. Kicked to out numbered contests, didn’t get back quick enough on the turn over. Port should have won it 3 times before Gray kicked the last one.

Like any side, Carlton look good when the game is on their terms and they can play that kick mark style. When it gets more chaotic and numbers are evened up, or their big guys stop catching it (like they did in the last 5 mins) they struggle.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Maybe the backline didn't follow up the ground their opponents and stayed back to defend.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn officially sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Carlton simply **** the bed at the end as the pressure mounted. Kicked to out numbered contests, didn’t get back quick enough on the turn over. Port should have won it 3 times before Gray kicked the last one.
    Blues had chances as well. Cunningham could have iced the game with 2 mins left - he had Casboult free to his left and Betts free to his right well inside 50 but he went for glory and it was marked in the goal square by Butters. He could have even gone to the top of the square where he had Cripps one-out with Butters. That play opened up the opportunities for Port to win in the game, which they botched until Gray stepped up.

Also the pack mark to Jonas on half-back with 40 seconds left should never have been taken. All of Casboult, McKay and Pittonet were in that pack and they should have easily killed that contest - do that and it's game over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hawthorn officially sucks.
    Hawthorn and Ch 7 commentary are a truly hideous combination