Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  203
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    I'm trying to remember if we have ever had the wood on a club as much as we now have over Essendon and and beaten any other side six times in a row.
    Just got a text from a mate with some interesting runs.

1974-1977 we beat Fitzroy 7 times in a row

1972-1974 we beat Geelong 5 times in a row including 2 wins at Kardinia Park

1984-1986 we beat North six times in a row.

Interesting read about the first of the Geelong wins:

https://australianfootball.com/artic...oo+hoodoo/1373
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Thanks KT31, Eastdog, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Libba was pretty good tonight. A couple of small errors in close but mostly extremely solid.

He and Wallis are just professionals at this stage of their careers. They know what they do well and play within limitations. I still think we need to get Libba to kick more between the arcs if possible and I still think Wallis offers us flexibility if needed in the middle. Two very handy players to have rolling around as second fiddle footballers.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Just got a text from a mate with some interesting runs.

1974-1977 we beat Fitzroy 7 times in a row

1972-1974 we beat Geelong 5 times in a row including 2 wins at Kardinia Park

1984-1986 we beat North six times in a row.
    By a "mate" do you mean the part of your brain that doesn't switch off and disassociates from your usual conscious self because that's TD like fact finding.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    By a "mate" do you mean the part of your brain that doesn't switch off and disassociates from your usual conscious self because that's TD like fact finding.
    No but it's someone with a very similar football brain to mine. It's actually the guy who wrote the article I posted the link for. We have been standing together at the footy for nearly (maybe more than) 40 years now from Western/Whitten oval to Docklands and every suburban ground in between. We've watched a hell of a lot of district cricket too.

That doesn't mean my brain isn't, what did you say, "disassociative" though...

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me sick watching Adam Cooney’s kids decked out in Essendon gear...

He won a Brownlow, All Australian selection, played in four finals series, 104 wins and is a life member for us.

With Essendon, he played no finals and played in five wins... He is a nobody at Essendon. He’s as much Essendon as Rene Kink..

Next someone will tell me George Bisset’s kids are Collingwood fans..!

8. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought Libba was pretty good tonight. A couple of small errors in close but mostly extremely solid.

He and Wallis are just professionals at this stage of their careers. They know what they do well and play within limitations. I still think we need to get Libba to kick more between the arcs if possible and I still think Wallis offers us flexibility if needed in the middle. Two very handy players to have rolling around as second fiddle footballers.
    They both look hungry for more success. With quirky Libba you never know what to expect but he’s looked focused and determined since rejoining the team. I think the work Wally does is under-rated. As far as I can tell he usually has a defensive role up forward. He shouldn’t be judged just on possessions though it’s a real bonus when he hits the scoreboard as well. He’s quite a reliable kick. He’d just about be my preferred option in that dreaded ‘Someone to kick for an after the siren shot at goal in a grand final’ scenario.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

He won a Brownlow, All Australian selection, played in four finals series, 104 wins and is a life member for us.

With Essendon, he played no finals and played in five wins... He is a nobody at Essendon. He’s as much Essendon as Rene Kink..

He played over 100 for us so father/son/daughter bonds them to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

But that soft floor! TBH Cooney belongs in the pile titled "Nathan Brown" for mine. But even less so. I know his kids are F/S eligible for us but I really don't care if they play for us or not.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I’ll button the English to CHF / 2nd ruck narrative.

That tap to Bont...his marking...

3 votes, Western Bulldogs, T English
    If Tim isn’t best on ground next week I fully expect the bring in Sweet calls to resume normal service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If Tim isn’t best on ground next week I fully expect the bring in Sweet calls to resume normal service.
    In the meantime I really doubt we’ll hear much out of a certain poster this week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

But that soft floor! TBH Cooney belongs in the pile titled "Nathan Brown" for mine. But even less so. I know his kids are F/S eligible for us but I really don't care if they play for us or not.
    Cooney acts like he has played 200 games for Essendon, even having an Essendon jumper on really shits me.

As for Nathan Brown, well I am surprised when he was asked what does he consider himself and he said a Bulldog
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Apropos ... Some highlights I want in my veins.

---

"I’m very disappointed with this. I came close to smashing my phone. It happens. Good sides lose games. But to this ■■■■ mob? Hard to take"

"Well done team, all that percentage ■■■■■■ down the fkn toilet"

"Same old ■■■■ for 15 years, over it, not going to redo my membership, club has given me nothing"

"Miles off being a good team - mentally soft, too many unskilled plodders, no forward structure, no onfield leaders for starters"

"I really don’t understand what is happening. I thought we’d turned the corner. What a gullible loser i am"

"I am just embarrassed that I made my 1 year old at home love the bombers"

"Remember when we were a team worthy of friday night games? NEITHER DO I"

"So farking disappointing. Weekend ruined"

"Should forfeit all games against this mob till the end of time"

"Turned off late in the 3rd, not in the mood tonight for this shitfest"

"Just rip the band aid off and start again"

"Do we have another case of gastro going through the team?"

"This is depressing. Might go to the Covid thread to cheer myself up"

"If the Bombers can get to the end of the yellow brick road, they need to ask the Wizard of Oz for a heart, a brain and for courage. Because right now they’re playing like Dorothy and Toto is kicking their ar$e."

"Bring them back to Victoria. Would rather we shut down than watch this crap."

I’ve gotta say, Bomberblitz is not quite as melty-downy as usual. Is it too much to ask for them to lose again next week so it can really kick off?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would rather have a beer with Brown than Cooney. Incredibly unlikeable

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Cooney I’d love Essendon too. They gave him two years on multiple hundreds of thousands when he had no business being in the AFL anymore.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes The Pie Man, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think I would rather have a beer with Brown than Cooney. Incredibly unlikeable
    Have sat behind Cooney during games while he is doing his radio show. . Actually a nice bloke , took the time to say hi when he wasn’t actually talking in the radio.
    But I’m not a fan of his bias towards the bombers.
    Bring back the biff