Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  203
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R7 2020

Didn't feature in my votes but thought more Bont did pretty good - some really great passages of play and Suckling very good forward of the ball tonight as he usually plays behind.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If I were Cooney I’d love Essendon too. They gave him two years on multiple hundreds of thousands when he had no business being in the AFL anymore.
    I think there's something to that.

I've never seen a player jump ship post retirement under such bizarre circumstances.

Brian Lake I can understand, after winning 3 flags. But Cooney going full Bomber fanboi following 2 unsuccessful seasons after playing over 200 games and winning a Brownlow with the Dogs...weird.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the fact Weightmans Adrenalin got to him and he just went for it after he took a mark around the middle, yeah he didn’t kick it to one of us and stuffed it up but just seeing a young kid get excited was enough to say he will learn from that and stop and look next time.
    He learnt more from that than he did kicking that amazing goal.
    Energy ball. A fan favourite already . Feel sorry for Smith because he is much the same but Cody will have more highlights while Bailey does the inside work.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think I would rather have a beer with Brown than Cooney. Incredibly unlikeable
    I met Browny a few times socially and he's impossible to dislike on a personal basis. He's like that kid who constantly gives you the shits but you make time him anyway because he amuses you. I have soft spot for the Bendigo boys too.

On a footballing basis though he lost me when he said that he actively barracked against us in the 2008-2010 finals series because he was jealous that his mates like Murph were a chance to win a flag and because he wasn't with the club he felt like he was going to miss out. You were the one who walked out Nathan you genius.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Haha, yeah he showed up the #EnglishCHF crew tonight.

Our 2nd ruck is an issue though, the only time Essendon looked likely was when Timmy was on the bench.
    It is, and will hurt us in other games...though Tim seems to have set himself up fitness wise to take 80% + contests.

Looking forward to his next match up with Grundy. Even Bevo made mention of the Witts matchup that will challenge him next Thursday...but for now, well done Tim.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-back-in-style

Bulldogs bounce back in style
    Five unanswered goals in the third-quarter helped set-up a 42-point win for the Bulldogs on Friday night.

The Western Bulldogs have responded to last week’s loss in emphatic fashion, thrashing Essendon by 42 points at Metricon Stadium.

The Bulldogs secured their fourth win in their last five games, on the back of a dominant performance from Tim English.

The emerging ruckman picked up an equal career-high 22 disposals (17 contested) for the third time this season, took seven marks, won six clearances, kicked a goal and had eight score involvements.

The Bulldogs were emphatic in the middle stages of the game, kicking five straight majors in the third term to set up the comprehensive victory.

The win enabled the Club’s percentage to climb significantly, on the back of its highest score of the 2020 season to date.

It was also the sixth straight win by the red, white and blue against the Bombers.

The Dogs’ midfield stood up for four quarters, winning the clearances by eight, with Jack Macrae (29 disposals), Lachie Hunter (26), Marcus Bontempelli (23) and Tom Liberatore (22) finding plenty of the ball.

Debutant Cody Weightman booted two brilliant goals, including a miraculous checkside goal from the boundary with his first kick in football, after a towering pack mark.

Mitch Wallis was the game’s highest goalkicker, with three, as 10 players hit the scoreboard for the winners.

The Dogs took a slender lead into the first break after a free-flowing opening, despite some missed opportunities in front of goal.

They controlled the second term as English helped his midfielders to an ascendancy in the clearances, but the margin was only extended to 13 points by half time.

It was as close as the Bombers would get as the Dogs put the foot down, at one stage blowing the margin out to 55 points.

The victory ensures the Western Bulldogs retain the EJ Whitten Cup, having won the past six encounters between the two clubs.

The Bulldogs face the Gold Coast Suns at Metricon Stadium in Round 8 next Thursday, July 23.

ESSENDON 3.3 4.3 4.6 7.9 (51)
    WESTERN BULLDOGS 4.1 6.4 11.7 14.9 (93)

GOALS
    Essendon: Laverde 2, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Snelling, Hooker, Zaharakis, Smith
    Western Bulldogs: Wallis 3, Suckling 2, Weightman 2, Bruce, English, Johannisen, Lipinski, Richards, Vandermeer, Dale

BEST
    Essendon: McGrath, Saad, Hurley, Parish
    Western Bulldogs: English, Bontempelli, Liberatore, Macrae, Smith, Daniel

INJURIES
    Essendon: Nil
    Western Bulldogs: Nil
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's something to that.

I've never seen a player jump ship post retirement under such bizarre circumstances.

Brian Lake I can understand, after winning 3 flags. But Cooney going full Bomber fanboi following 2 unsuccessful seasons after playing over 200 games and winning a Brownlow with the Dogs...weird.
    I remember Barry Hall saying he was a Dog for life when retiring, and despite barracking for us as a kid, once the dust settled he was drawn back to the Swans. Fair enough too I reckon.

Granted Coons body gave up on him at the end, but far out he hardly tried in a few games late in his Dog career. Can only imagine what the environment became once he left....results speak for themselves
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

This is a staggering thread to read back after the game. I don't get on it during the game, because I'm busy watching....the game...but, and please take this in the best possible way, some of you need to take a look at how you are watching the game and give yourselves a clip.

10. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    This is a staggering thread to read back after the game. I don't get on it during the game, because I'm busy watching....the game...but, and please take this in the best possible way, some of you need to take a look at how you are watching the game and give yourselves a clip.
    If you don’t like the heat stay out of the kitchen cuz
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    \
    "This is depressing. Might go to the Covid thread to cheer myself up"

"If the Bombers can get to the end of the yellow brick road, they need to ask the Wizard of Oz for a heart, a brain and for courage. Because right now they’re playing like Dorothy and Toto is kicking their ar$e."
    Those two are genuinely hilarious.

So satisfying to beat that mob, especially when we get to do it again and again and again and again.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

The rule about the game day thread is you don’t mention the game day thread.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Makes me sick watching Adam Cooney’s kids decked out in Essendon gear...

He won a Brownlow, All Australian selection, played in four finals series, 104 wins and is a life member for us.

With Essendon, he played no finals and played in five wins... He is a nobody at Essendon. He’s as much Essendon as Rene Kink..

Next someone will tell me George Bisset’s kids are Collingwood fans..!
    And every Essendon fan I know hated him.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Surely no one can be held accountable for what they write in here. It's a therapeutic vent thread, nothing more until the game is done and we can put a bit more considered time into our rants.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

18. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Surely no one can be held accountable for what they write in here. It's a therapeutic vent thread, nothing more until the game is done and we can put a bit more considered time into our rants.
    Especially when we can’t get to games.

20. Thanks merantau thanked for this post