Thanks Thanks:  46
Likes Likes:  203
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Is that the sides have selected I not sure my prediction is gonna work out this week end.
    You can always change your predictions as long as it is before the game tomorrow night
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bombers by plenty
    Smith BOG
    Dale FG
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo to anyone brave enough to predict anything tonight though if we allow Saad to get a stack of it, or Walla's in one of those moods the potential to ruin the entire weekend is excellent.

Regardless, keenest to see if Weightman can give us a glimpse of solving our small forward woes at some point, ideally like, now. No pressure son.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Bravo to anyone brave enough to predict anything tonight though if we allow Saad to get a stack of it, or Walla's in one of those moods the potential to ruin the entire weekend is excellent.

Regardless, keenest to see if Weightman can give us a glimpse of solving our small forward woes at some point, ideally like, now. No pressure son.
    I'm down - will inevitably lead to us getting a stack of it straight after. Saad sucks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'm down - will inevitably lead to us getting a stack of it straight after. Saad sucks.
    Hmm. Not really reality though is it. Saad's disposal efficiency is 79.6% this season, which I would say is very high for someone who takes the game on and is 15th in the league for average metres gained. His lowest possession game this year was when held to 16 v Carton - the only game they lost.

I say we keep an eye on Saad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Hmm. Not really reality though is it. Saad's disposal efficiency is 79.6% this season, which I would say is very high for someone who takes the game on and is 15th in the league for average metres gained. His lowest possession game this year was when held to 16 v Carton - the only game they lost.

I say we keep an eye on Saad.
    His metres gained stat is false flag because he runs so far with the ball, which looks cool but is really not the most effective way to move the ball. And kicking efficiency is a well-established flawed metric, especially for guys who kick it far to contests like Saad does.

I'm going to stop now because I always do this, and even though I am objectively correct and very smart generally the player I say sucks always kills us. Ben Brown being the obvious exception.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    His metres gained stat is false flag because he runs so far with the ball, which looks cool but is really not the most effective way to move the ball. And kicking efficiency is a well-established flawed metric, especially for guys who kick it far to contests like Saad does.

I'm going to stop now because I always do this, and even though I am objectively correct and very smart generally the player I say sucks always kills us. Ben Brown being the obvious exception.
    I know there are some flaws with the disposal efficiency stat - but I think players that can break the lines and make the oppositions defensive structures scramble are gold, and Saad in my view is one of the best at it, and if they stopped the season now is likely the All Australian back pocket. The stats, and the connection to the team's actual results are there to put some facts in the story.

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I know there are some flaws with the disposal efficiency stat - but I think players that can break the lines and make the oppositions defensive structures scramble are gold, and Saad in my view is one of the best at it, and if they stopped the season now is likely the All Australian back pocket. The stats, and the connection to the team's actual results are there to put some facts in the story.
    Fair enough. I think Ridley has actually been a far more damaging player and should be our focus, and might even be why we’ve seen Cordy named at CHF.

Post Thanks / Like

They have so much thrust as Bruce calls it Snelling has been good, McGrath has been good then there's Tippa, McKenna, Saad they will move the ball extremely quickly. Really worried about tonight.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They have so much thrust as Bruce calls it Snelling has been good, McGrath has been good then there's Tippa, McKenna, Saad they will move the ball extremely quickly. Really worried about tonight.
    Let's hope our defenders don't get sucked up and leave a paddock behind them for their smalls to run into. Surely we're not dumb enough to fall for it 2 weeks in a row?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Let's hope our defenders don't get sucked up and leave a paddock behind them for their smalls to run into. Surely we're not dumb enough to fall for it 2 weeks in a row?
    Ikr I remember thinking the same thing in 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

As George W Bush said:

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    As George W Bush said:

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
    Now watch this drive....

Classic George Dubya.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you forgotten rounds 1 and 2 this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Have you forgotten rounds 1 and 2 this year?
    Surely we're not dumb enough to fall for it 2 weeks in a row...again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post