• VFL quality

0 0%
  • Delist

0 0%
  • Needs more time

1 7.14%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2020 Bailey Dale 31

This was a fill in while there was no football but we might as well finish assessing our list.
    We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
    The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
    At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2020 Bailey Dale 31

A few stats:
    Height: 183cm
    Weight: 82Kg
    Games: 50

Bailey Dale is medium forward with clean, quick hands and agility, who arrived at the Kennel via a third round selection (pick 45 overall) in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft. After making his senior debut Round 7, 2015 against Fremantle, Dale played a further nine games in his first year. Unable to consolidate a permanent senior spot, Dale played made 30 senior appearances in the following three seasons, and was also a member of the Footscray Bulldogs' 2016 VFL Premiership team. 2019, however, was a breakout year for Dale, becoming one of the big success stories of the season. The 23-year-old found his spot as a forward in the last seven weeks of the year, kicking 20 goals in his second stint at AFL level for 2019. Dale’s ability to impact in the air and at ground level – and hit the scoreboard – was important as the Bulldogs charged towards finals football. He also signed a three-year contract to extend his stay at the Kennel until 2022, and played his 50th AFL game in the elimination final.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Dale was a slow developer who was seen as a defender and a winger before showing his ability in the forward line
    He's a good height and has a quick burst of pace plus he can convert his goals. He has the uncanny ability to both delight and frustrate our fans and I suspect we will be debating the merits of his performances for a few years to come.

Certainly an AFL standard player
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I have changed my mind so many times about Dale and that is probably due to his output.

I thought last weeks game against Sydney was one of his best games. I know he didn't kick many goals but he seemed to get involved up and down the ground and help create a few goals.

Like anyone in the RWB, I want him to succeed and I think if he can continue playing like last week then he can also differentiate himself from Lloyd, or Dickson and not have to compete for a spot with them and then carve a spot permanently as best 22.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale is good enough. He just needs consistency and to find a little hardness
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Dale is good enough. He just needs consistency and to find a little hardness
    And not go completely missing. Which is made somewhat harder by sharing a forwardline with Lloyd and Wallis who are both attract the same ball and have similiar attributes.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Way to hot and cold
    Very good Thursday night, but bang average before that
    He’s a bit of a quintessential when we’re going well he is , but when we’re not . He’s terrible

Post Thanks / Like

Dale throwing a half-hearted round arm last Thursday was hilarious but hopefully when considered in combination with his increased commitment to pressure over the last two weeks shows a change in attitude.

My biggest issue with him has always been a lack of willingness to, you know, try to do things other than kick goals, so if there is even a slight elevation to the aggression in his game then it can only be a positive. He's clearly a skilled player and I think he's going to contribute in a meaningful way for a long time while simultaneously being infuriating and lackluster in big moments.

He's pretty much new half forward Eagleton.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale would be very close to 190cm btw I've stood next time him a few times. I'm 186cm and he's taller than me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have changed my mind so many times about Dale and that is probably due to his output.

I thought last weeks game against Sydney was one of his best games. I know he didn't kick many goals but he seemed to get involved up and down the ground and help create a few goals.

Like anyone in the RWB, I want him to succeed and I think if he can continue playing like last week then he can also differentiate himself from Lloyd, or Dickson and not have to compete for a spot with them and then carve a spot permanently as best 22.
    This I feel is one of the main reasons he can turn in real stinkers - we've all seen him play high HF, but not on the ball at stoppages, which hasn't allowed him to touch it if our mids aren't on top.....and winning some contested footy the way he did suggests it might not be just a makeshift move.

Encouraging signs. Also happy he didn't drag his size 13 slipper into the turf taking a snap this week.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My main criticism of him is that he's too dependent on the output of others sometimes, and needs to find ways to stay involved in the game when things aren't going his way.

That's the lot of most players who play his role, I've been happy to see him try and do some things aside from kicking goals the past couple of weeks. If he can incrementally improve his aggression I'll be happy (it won't happen overnight), by the time he's 25 he should be stronger and more complete as a footballer.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a cream player in that he takes his opportunities when he's given them when we are playing well. It's no coincidence he's back in the game when we are moving the ball quickly and providing countless opportunities forward of centre. Still, you've got to be good enough to capitalise on that and he has the last two weeks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.