Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Man, you're underrating a kid that could end up in the Danger/Dusty echelon.
    I hope so!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben King is better than Max, IMO.
    Agreed. Max looks good but Ben just looks even more athletic.

Post Thanks / Like

How about instead of McLuggage, it was Charlie Cameron on the table?
    Not Smith - but in the 'you have to give a little to get' vibe, I'd put up Macrae for Cameron.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Not Smith - but in the 'you have to give a little to get' vibe, I'd put up Macrae for Cameron.
    It would hurt, but I probably would too.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you're underrating a kid that could end up in the Danger/Dusty echelon.
    Seconded.

Smith is currently untradeable.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Same.

Bont, Dunkley And smith are ahead of Macrae as far as I’m concerned...so, yes it would be tough, but we would die for a player like Cameron in our fwd 50.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be inclined to move Dunkley on before moving Jacko on. I think Jacko has more impact for his touches, and is more creative whilst being hard as nails.

I wouldn't give up Jacko for Cameron.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that absolutely gripes me about macrae is his kicking. His “suckling” type jabs that rarely comes off and turns the ball over by not hitting a target from 20 metres. If he got this out of his game, he’d move up my list. And yes, I know Dunkley has disposable issues, but we know that, I expect a lot more from macrae if he wants to be elite in my eyes.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Giving up good players who don't want to leave is asking for it. It took Brisbane nearly 10 years to get over what Voss did to their list.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Giving up good players who don't want to leave is asking for it. It took Brisbane nearly 10 years to get over what Voss did to their list.
    Agree - line ball with Macrae and Dunkley but both durable and v.hard to replace. Not sure I could stomach Cameron in dogs colours (ARRGH). I suppose after a few goals from 50 m arc he could swing me around though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Agree - line ball with Macrae and Dunkley but both durable and v.hard to replace. Not sure I could stomach Cameron in dogs colours (ARRGH). I suppose after a few goals from 50 m arc he could swing me around though.
    Charlie Cameron? Or Jeremy Cameron? I thought we were talking about the former?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Who could forget Crazy Vossy! I think it's possibly the most suitable/ apt name for a coach at the particular time going around, absolutely love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Same.

Bont, Dunkley And smith are ahead of Macrae as far as I’m concerned...so, yes it would be tough, but we would die for a player like Cameron in our fwd 50.
    I think you're underrating Macrae just a bit. He's better than both Dunkley and Smith right now and he still has a lot of good footy in front of him. Smith will be a great player for us but is he really better than Macrae right now?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd swap Macrae for Cameron but I'd swap Smith for him too. You can always find and entice a really good midfielder but you'll rarely get a chance to entice a 25 year old Charlie Cameron - type.

The only two totally untradeable players for me are Bont and Naughts.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Charlie Cameron? Or Jeremy Cameron? I thought we were talking about the former?
    Definitely Charlie Cameron. It would be ironic changing Charlie who'd have a shot if he was kicking out from fullback after the opposition kicked a behind with Macrae who'd handball backwards to a player 30 metres out if he had the ball all by himself in the goalsquare.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think you're underrating Macrae just a bit. He's better than both Dunkley and Smith right now and he still has a lot of good footy in front of him. Smith will be a great player for us but is he really better than Macrae right now?
    Macrae is quality but Smith is a more rounded player. If they were standing against the wall in the playground I'd go with Baz everytime.

You have to give a bit to get a bit and while I'd want Brisbane to sweeten the deal with a decent draft pick I'd do the deal if Macrae was OK with it. Cameron brings us something we don't have whereas pretty soon Macrae will be third in line, maybe even fourth, in the role he plays.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.