Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's not my point at all.

I don't think Dunkley will ever surpass Jack. I think Baz will have to work his arse off to get to Jack's level and stay there. He's a fair bit off it, although, he's taking the right steps to get there.

The point of what I was saying is that Jacko is a freak and it's only because we have Bont that we underappreciate him. There's only a handful of spots for players of his type in the league that can fit in an AA side and he's done it once and should have done it twice (apparently Shane Edwards had a better season in 2018). Even Bont has only ever done it twice.

He's also completely unique in the way that he plays, there's no other player in the league who can hit targets by hand and foot the way he does on both sides when he's on song. A midfield of quality contains players of differing attributes, what Jack brings can't be replicated by anyone on our list let alone anyone in the league, and it delivers unbelievable value. Dunkley is a freak in his own right but doesn't come close to Jack.

Again, if Baz gets to his level of influence then great, but have some respect for the body of work Jack has put in over time.
    Fair enough. Jack annoys me with his refusal to have a shot at goal sometimes.

What if Macrae has already hit his (admittedly high) ceiling? Personally I think that Baz will go past him on a couple of different aspects of his game. Goalkicking, running bounces, leadership.

BTW I'm not advocating that we run Jack out of town but if we want quality players from other clubs then offering them a half back flanker or a couple of ordinary players isn't going to get the job done-itd be awesome if it did but it just won't. We aren't going to be flush with draft picks in the next couple of years. Trading out a quality player solves a couple of those problems.

Leon Cameron made us look like fools at Richmond in the first couple of years after we traded him there. When I heard what we'd got I was ropable that we had traded out a club leader and star like that but I don't think you will find anyone who will say that we lost out on that trade these days
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Fair enough. Jack annoys me with his refusal to have a shot at goal sometimes.

What if Macrae has already hit his (admittedly high) ceiling? Personally I think that Baz will go past him on a couple of different aspects of his game. Goalkicking, running bounces, leadership.
    While Macrae has limitations especially around goal kicking I believe that right now he is a better player than both Dunks and Smith. This doesn't mean Smith won't be a better footballer in the near future but I'm talking about right now.

I think the performances of Macrae occasionally slips under the radar with some supporters
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"