Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Cameron Could be on the Market.

I hope we are enquiring.

But "IF" he did request a trade would we have the trade assets to make it happen given we are likely to spend our 1st pick + possibly more on Jamarra?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...fa6ade4f59c2be

Brisbane star Charlie Cameron ‘prepared to request a trade’ as Victorian clubs circle:

All-Australian forward Charlie Cameron is prepared to request a trade to Victoria this year if he can’t get a suitable new deal in Brisbane, reports Seven.

The Lions star is said to be favoured to re-sign with his current club, but three Victorian sides have made inquiries, including Carlton and North Melbourne.

The Blues have reportedly made a large indicative offer and are ready to pounce if Cameron’s team can’t work out a new deal in Queensland.

Cameron is contracted until the end of 2021 but talks on his next contract are reportedly at “a bit of an impasse”.

“It’s not clear why, a source suggesting the pair (Cameron’s managers Colin Young and Andrew McDougall) are pushing for a better deal as part of a negotiations surrounding an extension,” the report said.
    Cameron left Adelaide while contracted at the end of the 2017 season on what Crows football director Mark Ricciuto last week called a “very, very good contract”.

The 25-year-old is again in All-Australian form this season, kicking nine goals through four games. Last year he led Brisbane’s goalkicking with 57 goals in 24 matches, polling 11 Brownlow votes.

Cameron has played 112 games in seven seasons at the Crows (73) and Lions (39).
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charlie Cameron Could be on the Market.

2021 - I would throw the book at him. TBH it sounds like his manager just posturing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He would be fantastic but we are no chance.

1. Agree with Mofra - unlikely to be leaving.
    2. Our track record of attracting Indigenous players is poor.
    3. Other clubs can likely throw more money at Charlie than we can and it appears cash is a significant motivating factor for him.

4. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately Axe man you make perfect sense, but a Cameron 'type' is what we've been missing for years. Weightman may be in line to fill that role but CAMERON would be ideal to fill the role straight away. A proven quantity too unlike Jack Martin who I was also keen on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He would be fantastic but we are no chance.

1. Agree with Mofra - unlikely to be leaving.
    2. Our track record of attracting Indigenous players is poor.
    3. Other clubs can likely throw more money at Charlie than we can and it appears cash is a significant motivating factor for him.

Post Thanks / Like

This would never happen but imagine. Do we even have the cash to do it after the Keath/Bruce pickups?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    2021 - I would throw the book at him. TBH it sounds like his manager just posturing.
    Which Book?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Unfortunately Axe man you make perfect sense, but a Cameron 'type' is what we've been missing for years. Weightman may be in line to fill that role but CAMERON would be ideal to fill the role straight away. A proven quantity too unlike Jack Martin who I was also keen on.
    Who is in the top tier of small forwards at the moment? C Cameron, Papley, Greene, Walters...Wingard is playing more of a mid/fwd role this year.

I would then have Jack Martin, Breust, McDonald-Tipungwuti amongst others in the second tier.

Then young guys like Gryan Miers and Cam Zurhaar (Stringer 2.0), who would easily slot into our side at the moment but may not be any better than what is on our list (just older and more developed).

I can't see us affording any of the top tier, through salary or trade requirements. So who else would fit in the second tier, and be gettable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I can't see us affording any of the top tier, through salary or trade requirements. So who else would fit in the second tier, and be gettable?
    We should have had a bigger crack at Dan Butler based on this year's small sample size.

But really, if we can't get a big name like Papley or Cameron, we should just pump games into Weightman, Cavarra & West.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely we've learned by now not to play footsie with players agents clearly looking maximise their payday.

They'd dead set riot in Brisbane if he left.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Surely we've learned by now not to play footsie with players agents clearly looking maximise their payday.

They'd dead set riot in Brisbane if he left.
    Im happy to inflate any players value if it means the opposition club has to up their offer.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This has my manager getting more coin for me written all over it