Given its July tomorrow we should be turning our minds to other clubs lists. It's time we gave them a shake to see who might fall from them.

I'll do a thread for every club but I will start with Carlton because I think that their players are more gettable than most clubs. They are paying their top line players a lot but still don't seem to be getting a lot of value in return. There might be a few guys on their list that we can tempt with the promise of playing finals or who are just plain sick of seeing guys like McGovern come in on top dollar without seemingly making a huge difference to their results.

1. Sam Petrovski-Seton. Has been playing in defence for them and while we don't need another half back I can see him providing some of the outside run we desperately need. Is a pretty good user of the ball and can take a spell forward.

2. Liam Jones. We need a lock down talk defender that can play on the bigger forwards. I don't know how Liam would feel about coming back to the club but he wouldn't cost a fortune in wages or trade value and could take the spot that has basically been unfilled since Joel Banking left.

3. Caleb Marcbank. See Liam Jones but would be more expensive trade wise but is more versatile and uses the ball a lot better.

4. Mark Pittonet. Ruckman who could compete at centre bounces and release Tim English to play in a key position. Likes to get his hands dirty and is one of the stand out performers in the VFL.

5. Zac Fisher. Has already played 50 games with the Blues in 4 years. Midfielder who can also play forward. Would cost a bit but would provide great return on the investment. Uses the ball well and likes a goal.

Anymore for anymore? I don't want to hear any "but he won't come/we can't afford him" or any other negative posts. Other clubs target players and get the deals done. So there is no reason we can't do it too. So let's look for ways we can succeed rather than coming up withexcuses for why things won't happen. Let's assume the players we want are gettable and work out ways we can get them.