Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Given its July tomorrow we should be turning our minds to other clubs lists. It's time we gave them a shake to see who might fall from them.

    I'll do a thread for every club but I will start with Carlton because I think that their players are more gettable than most clubs. They are paying their top line players a lot but still don't seem to be getting a lot of value in return. There might be a few guys on their list that we can tempt with the promise of playing finals or who are just plain sick of seeing guys like McGovern come in on top dollar without seemingly making a huge difference to their results.

    1. Sam Petrovski-Seton. Has been playing in defence for them and while we don't need another half back I can see him providing some of the outside run we desperately need. Is a pretty good user of the ball and can take a spell forward.

    2. Liam Jones. We need a lock down talk defender that can play on the bigger forwards. I don't know how Liam would feel about coming back to the club but he wouldn't cost a fortune in wages or trade value and could take the spot that has basically been unfilled since Joel Banking left.

    3. Caleb Marcbank. See Liam Jones but would be more expensive trade wise but is more versatile and uses the ball a lot better.

    4. Mark Pittonet. Ruckman who could compete at centre bounces and release Tim English to play in a key position. Likes to get his hands dirty and is one of the stand out performers in the VFL.

    5. Zac Fisher. Has already played 50 games with the Blues in 4 years. Midfielder who can also play forward. Would cost a bit but would provide great return on the investment. Uses the ball well and likes a goal.

    Anymore for anymore? I don't want to hear any "but he won't come/we can't afford him" or any other negative posts. Other clubs target players and get the deals done. So there is no reason we can't do it too. So let's look for ways we can succeed rather than coming up withexcuses for why things won't happen. Let's assume the players we want are gettable and work out ways we can get them.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

  2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Some solid suggestions on that list.

    Pittonet would have been great for us - shame we missed the boat. I'd imagine Carlton would be holding onto him given their ruck stocks/Kreuzer's longevity.

    We had a go at Fisher last year I think? He would certainly help us on the outside with run and spread so from Carlton's list, he'd be high up on my list.

    Dare I say it - Charlie Curnow? Curnow > forward and Naughton > backline, or Charlie/Naughton in the one forward line would also be mouth watering.

  4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Some solid suggestions on that list.

    Pittonet would have been great for us - shame we missed the boat. I'd imagine Carlton would be holding onto him given their ruck stocks/Kreuzer's longevity.

    We had a go at Fisher last year I think? He would certainly help us on the outside with run and spread so from Carlton's list, he'd be high up on my list.

    Dare I say it - Charlie Curnow? Curnow > forward and Naughton > backline, or Charlie/Naughton in the one forward line would also be mouth watering.
    Curnow would be the cherry on the cake. As well as his playing ability and strengths being exactly what we need it would also allow us to release players like Naughton to CHF where he could really dominate games or into defence where he could just outmark almost any opponent. I'd like to think that we could sell a player like Charlie on a really Rosey future with us that he would play major role in.

    What would you give up for him? It would have to be a first rounder and given our first rounder is almost certainly going for Marra this year then you would think it would be next year's first round and a player of quality.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Well if we are going to aim high I'd go for Weitering. Key defender who will be great and Carlton have already done the hard yards with. Jones is a decent backup target, although I don't think Marchbank is big enough for what we need and becomes another Cordy.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

  7. Likes The Doctor liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Martha, Victoria
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    I’m not to sure we need anyone from Carlton. The above are OK but I recon anyone been at the Blues for more than 2 years will be damaged goods. I saw a blues guys number 28 last week he looked a rippa and old have a look at him, he looked like a mid/high forward player with some spunk
    BB.

    2020 vision = Bulldogs win another flag.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I’m not to sure we need anyone from Carlton. The above are OK but I recon anyone been at the Blues for more than 2 years will be damaged goods. I saw a blues guys number 28 last week he looked a rippa and old have a look at him, he looked like a mid/high forward player with some spunk
    That's the worry isn't it? The culture of the club they are coming from. Then again if you can make it work in your favour by selling a talented player on a brighter future than he might have otherwise. Do your due diligence on his background (and I am confident that because we tend to get this sort of thing right these days with draftees, we should get it right with trade one from other clubs) and then back your system in to make him a better player then I say go for it. It can be even be a good thing if you think your system will make him a good player because you might get him for unders.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    9,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Is Dennis Armfield still playing? If not I'm not interested in anyone from there.
    Josh Schache >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jake Stringer

  11. Likes bornadog liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Martha, Victoria
    Posts
    1,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's the worry isn't it? The culture of the club they are coming from. Then again if you can make it work in your favour by selling a talented player on a brighter future than he might have otherwise. Do your due diligence on his background (and I am confident that because we tend to get this sort of thing right these days with draftees, we should get it right with trade one from other clubs) and then back your system in to make him a better player then I say go for it. It can be even be a good thing if you think your system will make him a good player because you might get him for unders.
    Good point. Classic example Is Keith from Adelaide, he seems to be working out fine from that basket case of a club.
    BB.

    2020 vision = Bulldogs win another flag.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    4,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is Dennis Armfield still playing? If not I'm not interested in anyone from there.
    There's a young up and comer named Tutt that I've got my eye on.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    There's a young up and comer named Tutt that I've got my eye on.
    That's Footscray Premiership hero Tutt you mean.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    4,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's Footscray Premiership hero Tutt you mean.
    No you're confusing him with Footscray Premiership hero Jones.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
  17. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    25,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No you're confusing him with Footscray Premiership hero Jones.
    It's still one of my favourite days at the footy. Looking over and seeing dad asleep in the back of the cab with a smile on his face and the massive man hug when Liam kicked the sealer will live long in my memory. He was too sick to go in 2016 even though he was an AFL member.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

  18. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
  19. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Some solid suggestions on that list.

    Pittonet would have been great for us - shame we missed the boat. I'd imagine Carlton would be holding onto him given their ruck stocks/Kreuzer's longevity.

    We had a go at Fisher last year I think? He would certainly help us on the outside with run and spread so from Carlton's list, he'd be high up on my list.

    Dare I say it - Charlie Curnow? Curnow > forward and Naughton > backline, or Charlie/Naughton in the one forward line would also be mouth watering.
    throw the kitchen sink at Curnow, that would be the icing on an incredible forward line,
    Ted Whitten "Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves"

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    9,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    throw the kitchen sink at Curnow, that would be the icing on an incredible forward line,
    He has Cooney's knee.
    Sadly, I think we've already seen the best of him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  21. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's later than you think, let's raid a list. Carlton.

    My well-read if not necessarily well-informed Carlton mate reckons Curnow is never going to be quite the same. Really does remind me of Cooney. On some of the other names;

    I think Zac Fisher kinda plays like a touch footy player. A lot of sideways movement for litte effect. No thanks.

    I'd love SPS or Marchbank. SPS isn't really a need but he's so talented that we could definitely find a spot for him, and Marchbank is a really nice player who is a bit undersold.

    Weitering is having a great season but has several years of being the softest player in the game behind him, so would need to demonstrate a fair bit more before I'd look at putting together the type of offer it would take.

    Beast is too damn old and I'm still not convinced he's actually any good.

    Pittonet is actually pretty good but he's not the sort of player you can't find. He does have the most hilarious player headshot going at the moment though so that would bring a lot to the club.
    https://www.instagram.com/shanebiggs/

    Lachie Hunter - Good AFL Player

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •