Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Does that sound like he will be back next week?
    I hope so, he is such a consistent, valuable contributor to the team. I wish him well for his return. Both to the team and the leadership group.
    Last edited by Jeanette54; 25-07-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.
    I guess there are a lot of people who need support from time to time and footy players are no different to that. The one good thing about being in a football club is that the players will receive more support than many others in society
    I think he has a genuine hunger for football and being around his mates so a transition back will hopefully be an easy one for him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

The difference with the Hunter scenario is he is still in the hub (from what I know). Hopefully this means he can come back and play good footy.

Normally a player will not go to the footy club at all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

He said, she said, they said... its a rumor and innuendo but now its out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

That doesn't sound good, hope it's not true.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?

Post Thanks / Like

You have to wonder how accurate this speculation is? On the surface it looks like they worked out the club held him back by a week and Lachie wasn't happy about it and that sounds reasonable to me but it's a long bow to suggest he wants out.
    I would suggest this is creative journalism.

Lachie is a very popular player within the club as evident by his promotion to the leadership group so I will back him to work through any challenges if there is any.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?
    Nothing too concrete, although Brisbane was named, but they denied it and said if he was to leave it would likely be to another Melbourne club.

10. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.
    This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.
    Wait, Trade Radio is on?

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Trade Radio is on?
    Tweeting. No doubt Barrett.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.
    The echo chamber ignites. They're all in on it together and know the game.
    I don't trust the player agents in these scenarios.

18. Likes GVGjr liked this post