Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

This is still no excuse for his actions, but does shed some light on the inner turmoil he has been dealing with. My heart goes out to him and his partner. I hope this decision can help him move forward stronger than ever.
    WOOF Member 422

2. Likes Topdog, Max469, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maddie has previously written on IG about the fact that she is going through IVF because she has a rare condition causing early menopause, this must inevitably have been a really tough thing for them to both go through and explains the mental health challenges for Lachie.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes bornadog, Topdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    This is still no excuse for his actions, but does shed some light on the inner turmoil he has been dealing with. My heart goes out to him and his partner. I hope this decision can help him move forward stronger than ever.
    Yeah spot on Scraggers, no excuse for what he did but bloody hell what a shitty situation. 100+ injections is crazy. My wife and I went down this path with a happy ending twice and it was a still pretty terrible to go through.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it takes an incredible toll.
    Hope they’re getting all the support they need.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 23-11-2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: phone typing

7. Thanks Sedat, The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Max469, Topdog, SquirrelGrip, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it’s takes an incredible toll.
    I hope you and your family are ok.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it’s takes an incredible toll.
    I hope things look up soon for you GG. I know what it's like to lose a parent and I've done a lot of work with dementia sufferers and have seen the suffering and sadness it causes.

I hope things improve for you soon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hope you and your family are ok.
    Cheers Bad. Thanks for that. Doing well... It's like a test match. All facets are tested! IVF is an incredible roller coaster of emotion. Each phase whittles away at the viable candidates over the length of the cycle, it's a real test of one's inner mettle and resilience, until finally with a hole in your wallet, and a little in your collective hearts for some you walk away empty handed.
    Then, you pick yourself up, repeat it again filled with hope and wonder and the dream of what might be. Unfortunately for many the dream doesn't realise, however with the right support you can certainly pick yourself up and move on it just takes time.
    Certainly can empathise with Lachie. You never really know what's going on for people that's for sure. Football really isn't that important after all... *ducks and leaves quickly*

11. Likes bornadog, Max469, SquirrelGrip, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I hope things look up soon for you GG. I know what it's like to lose a parent and I've done a lot of work with dementia sufferers and have seen the suffering and sadness it causes.

I hope things improve for you soon.
    Cheers TD. Yes it's a terrible disease you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Anyone involved in supporting it is amazing in my book!

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers TD. Yes it's a terrible disease you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Anyone involved in supporting it is amazing in my book!
    Looking after people is what I was born to do. I didn't find my way into caring professions until my mid 30s (I as working in admin until then) but as soon as I did I knew it was what I really wanted to do.

It's an honour to be allowed to do it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite